Job Title: Safety and Security Manager
The Safety and Security Manager will work closely with the MGT Team (TL, DTL, Ops Coord, PMs) and Regional S&S Manager to carry out safety and security assessments; make recommendations and provide support for their implementation by country programmes. He/She will also take forward the organisational security ethos. While on assignment the post holder will play a key role in the capacity building of Safety & Security Focal Points of Venezuela.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Expertise in current safety and security practices and issues affecting aid work globally.
- Previous experience as an NGO Security Adviser/Manager
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written and spoken).
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels, establish information and security networks, and coordinate with country authorities, militias, donors, International Organisations and local NGOs.
- Experience of working in high risk environments. Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously in a highly stressful and challenging environment.
- Proven ability to undertake Security Risk assessments.
- Proven experience of training multi-national staff.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS41MzY2Mi4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20