Job Title: International Accountant
Job Location: Flexible
Job Status: Full-time
Contract duration: 12 months
Reports to: Regional Finance Specialist
Start date: 1st of December 2022
Estimate salary: 800 USD/month
MedGlobal is a global and health humanitarian organization that builds resilience in fragile states and vulnerable communities through emergency response, health services delivery, and sustainable programming. MedGlobal’s vision is to create a world without healthcare disparity.
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects the profession’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers’ coordinators and directors to guide their practice and conduct.
The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal
Under the direction of the Regional Finance Specialist this position is responsible for the effective Finance of MedGlobal’s Field office while also liaising and working with all of MedGlobal offices on any relevant financial duties as necessary.
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy and Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct
- Ensure that all financial procedures carried out comply with MedGlobal’s financial guidelines
- Assist in the production of financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required
- Ensure prompt repayment of all advances
- Making the bank reconciliations for all bank accounts
- Reviewing the cash count reports for all field offices
- Tracking the Fixed Asset Register for all field offices
- Maintain QB accounting online books
- Any extra duties requested by the Regional Finance Specialist
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Arabic speaker and able to work within a team
- Ability to communicate in English is required
- Ability to work under pressure
- Advanced computer skills & MS office
- Good experience in accounting system (QuickBooks)
- A degree in Accounting or a Finance academic certificate
- Minimum 2 years experience in the related field, preferable in humanitarian sector
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “International Accountant.”
Thank you for your interest in working with MedGlobal!