Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Data Analyst – Heifer USA (DA-HU) will work in the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team, situated in Business Development, Design, and Effectiveness (BDDE) unit within the Mission Effectiveness division. This team manages a large portfolio of data products, including Heifer’s Global Indicators database and project databases. The BDDE team manages data quality procedures for analytical data collection. The team is responsible for Heifer’s global reporting, supporting country and project offices in their data collection efforts, and Heifer’s general data collection system, review, and sharing workflow. In addition, the BDDE team supports data analyses, project learning, and the organizational-wide application of project findings.
This position focuses on data collection, analysis, reporting, and knowledge management for Heifer USA. Heifer USA believes small-scale farmers can achieve sustainable rural livelihoods. We provide training and support in environmentally responsible farming, animal welfare approved practices and connect farmers to profitable and reliable markets.
The DA-HU will serve as the primary Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) contact for all Heifer USA activities. They will design surveys and collect data from Heifer USA partner households, cooperatives, and processors. They will also report to the Heifer USA board, Heifer Headquarters, and handle other reporting requests. The DA-HU will be responsible for creating and maintaining data collection plans that align with Heifer’s strategic framework, allow for reporting into Heifer’s HQ level indicators, and account for Heifer USA’s unique programming within the organization.
As the majority of Heifer USA’s work is currently located within Arkansas, Missouri, and Mississippi and the DA-HU will be expected to partner with Heifer USA staff and collect data from Heifer USA project participants, the position is located within Arkansas. We highly encourage from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Essential Character Traits:
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, collaborates across various teams, communicates clearly and frequently, and is persistent in delivering reports on time and to a high degree of quality. Additional traits include:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong collaboration and partnership skills with people across organizational levels
- User- and customer-focused
- Analytical approach to work with strong problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- High energy and enthusiasm with a can-do attitude
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Partner with the BDDE MEL Team and Heifer USA to understand ongoing Heifer USA MEL needs (15%)
· Document data collection processes for Heifer USA
· Train staff in how to use templates to collect data most effectively for reporting purposes
· Quality assure and visual Heifer USA data
B. Design data collection surveys, collect data, quality assure data, and analyze data (35%)
· Develop survey instruments for data collection around all aspects of Heifer USA’s work
· Create Heifer USA specific data collection plans
· Create data collection reports from Survey CTO that can be easily transferred to an Enterprise System
· Assist with Ecological Outcome Verification data collection, uploading, and reporting
C. Lead all Heifer USA reporting requests (25%)
· Create data collection reports that are clearly represented, and quality assured for Advisory Board Results Reporting requirements
· Create data collection reports for annual organizational reporting
· Create data collection reports for all grant reporting.
D. Generate inputs for Heifer USA Business Development (10%)
· Partner with Business Development teams to provide analytics and support for proposals related to Heifer USA.
E. Contribute to building a learning-led culture within Heifer USA (10%)
· Work with Heifer USA to help them provide inputs to the knowledge management platform.
· Work with Knowledge Manager to help teams across the organization to navigate and understand available information
· Partner with Heifer USA on their project learning plans
· Help with promotion of and compliance with Heifer’s organizational learning approach
F. Perform other job-related duties as required (5%)
a. Experience working with MEL In the agriculture sector.
b. Bachelor’s degree plus three (3) years of direct relevant experience.
c. Experience working with data collection platforms and statistical software.
d. Demonstrated ability to promote learning agendas.
a. Master’s degree preferred in International Development, Community Development, Rural Development, Project Planning and Management, Economics and/or Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation or other related field plus two (2) years of direct relevant
b. experience in data collection in the Blended Finance and/or impact investing field.
c. Field experience of collecting data for projects in rural locations for agricultural value chain projects.
d. Knowledge management expertise.
e. A working knowledge of Spanish is strongly preferred.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Familiar with data collection solutions and building instruments using those solutions.
- Innovative, analytical, and solutions oriented.
- A good understanding of and sensitivity to issues associated with finance, poverty, hunger, agriculture and the environment, and knowledge of the context in which non-profit organizations operate.
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience in building the capacity of partner institutions to document and disseminate industry information, manage knowledge, measure progress and plan and advocate within the industry.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail (Microsoft Office preferred) and Internet.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English, both oral and written.
- Strong collaboration skills, especially across different teams, levels, and geographic areas of an organization
- Experience leading trainings and presenting to groups
- Commitment to Heifer International’s values and work to end hunger and poverty
- Eagerness to jump into fast-paced work environment with multi-cultural teams across different time zones
- Demonstrated ability to produce results
- Commitment to building stakeholder buy-in
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Ability to become the main resource for financial data collection solution at Heifer.
- Ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff, including field staff in various locations, to establish the selected data collection solution as the standard.
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically, willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks with little supervision while meeting sometimes inflexible deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- May require working in front of a computer for extended periods
How to apply:
Please submit your application here: https://jobs.jobvite.com/heifer/job/oE7Chfwo
from UNGO Jobs