General Description of the Organization
SEMA was established in response to the dramatic increase in number of injuries, which portended a dangerous future. Holding to their oath to ease the suffering of the wounded, a group of loyal Syrians including doctors and health professionals along with expatriates in various countries around the world called upon each other and decided to establish this humanitarian relief body (the Syrian Expatriate Medical Association – SEMA). SEMA was launched in mid-2011, and it has obtained its official recognition and registration in many countries of the European Union, such as France, Britain and Italy as well as in Turkey and it is still receiving recognition and accreditation in many other countries of the world.
- To plan, coordinate, supervise the implementation of all assigned education and training projects in Syria and ensure their execution within time, budget and quality.
- To assist securing continuous funding for the education and training programs in SEMA International.
- Assist in developing the departments’ programs: CME (online) – Capacity building (physical) – Vocational medical education; and design the new projects within these programs’ scope.
- Prepare the project implementation plan in cooperation with the Education & Training Manager and the implementation team.
- Be responsible for designing new projects and developing education concept notes, proposals and budgets based on needs assessment received from the field.
- Assist in planning for the education and training project activities.
- Submit the project plan to the direct manager to be reviewed and approved.
- Prepare weekly implementation work plans and follow up the implementation with the implementation team.
- Monitor the progress of projects’ activities in terms of scope, finance and time.
- Ensure and monitor accurate actual spending versus budgeted.
- Follow up on the project agreement conditions.
- Ensure timely achievement of project’s milestones.
- Report on projects’ results.
- Be responsible for meeting donor targets and compliance requirements through activities, means of undertaking activities, and in all other documentations.
- Participate as required in project kick-off, close-out, review and monitor meetings.
- Ensure documentation and follow up of action points in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and follow-up with other departments in relation to projects activities.
- Ensure, with the finance department, that activities and expenses are regularly monitored and, as needed, action plans with follow-up are developed to correct any over- or underspending in a timely manner.
- Participate in representing SEMA and ensure effective participation in cluster meetings and workshops with partners, donors, and other parties.
- Receive, update and monitor all projects data and indicators.
- Review and monitor all media production regarding education projects.
- Assist in the strategic planning of the education and training department.
- Help maintain relationships with current and new donors to secure new and continuous funding for the education and training projects in SEMA.
Note: the above-mentioned key responsibilities/accountabilities are illustrative ones. Other future responsibilities /accountability may be assigned to the job depending on the department organizational chart.
Required Qualifications (Education/Languages/Work Experience**)**
A. Essential: **
- A university degree in Medicine or other related specialization
- At least 2 years of related experience in a similar position.
- Advanced skills in the English language.
B. Desirable **
- Certified PMD Pro1 & PMD Pro 2
- Intermediate skills in the Turkish language.
- Verified experience in humanitarian work and principles.
- Verified experience in dealing with donor’s policies, procedures, requirements and compliance.
A. Technical Competencies (TC): **
- Advanced knowledge in project management.
- Advanced knowledge in training management.
- Advanced knowledge in report writing.
- Advanced knowledge in remote management tools and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge in partnership building.
- Advanced knowledge in budget management.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel & Word
- Advanced knowledge in proposal writing.
B. Core Competencies (CC):
- Stakeholder Orientation.
- Planning and organizing
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Technological awareness
C. Supervisory & Managerial Competencies (SMC):
Child safeguarding Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to SEMA , which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. SEMA is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
SEMA expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. SEMA employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside SEMA.
How to apply:
If you believe that your qualification meets the requirements of this position, we highly encourage you to apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH using the below link:
- The closing date of the position is 21 November 2021.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Due to the urgency of the position, SEMA retains the right to recruit before the closing dates.
from UNGO Jobs