Job Title: MEAL Officer
IYD – Humanitarian Relief Association
Deadline for applications: 05/12/2021
Position: MEAL Officer
Working Area: Office.
About: IYD – Humanitarian Relief Association:
IYD is a Turkish, non-governmental, non-profit and has no political association working in various fields of humanitarian relief, development, and education.
IYD was established in early 2013 in Turkey.
IYD was registered in 2014 with a license No. (34-203/022) and it has been working according to Turkish Organizations Law No. /5253/ under the name: ULUSLARARASI INSANI YARDIMLAŞMA DERNEĞI
IYD’s offices are spread throughout Turkey and Syria as following:
- Turkey: Istanbul – Gaziantep.
- Syria: Aleppo – Idleb.
In science and work, pioneers in developing ways of life to draw smiles and instill hope.
To provide the best services to develop the affected societies, meeting the basic needs according to the international standards and within a unique ethical methodology.
- Respecting others
IYD strategic goals:
- Working on ensuring decent life for all the affected people.
- Rehabilitation and construction of the damaged infrastructure.
- Securing the daily basic needs.
- Raising and revitalizing the capacities of the Syrian Civil Society.
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Project / Department Title: MEAL
Direct supervisor / Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
Overall objective of the job:
- To report to the MEAL Coordinator and works closely with the accountability focal points, information management staff, and programs staff.
- To follow up on the CRM system for each project in cooperation with the MEAL and projects teams.
- To provide support to the MEAL Coordinator on data collection related to the CRM system and oversee the department’s administration needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to IYD’s policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines.
Develop the accountability plans of the projects being implemented through the field office.
- Coordinate with the MEAL and other project staff of IYD’s partners to ensure that their accountability and sharing information activities are being conducted regularly and shared with IYD relevant staff and departments.
- Ensure that findings are being shared with the project management staff of IYD or that of the partner organizations to ensure that the findings are being communicated and rectified timely.
- Develop monthly Accountability tools for each project in coordination with program staff and share with the relevant staff as per defined protocols and timelines.
- To offer recommendations for the observations and findings in the field which require immediate or prolonged actions and rectifications from the project management staff.
- Ensure data received from the field is correct and usable for integration into the central database and reporting and intersect with the program.
- Design information collection tools and research methodologies and translating these tools and methodologies.
- Support the collection and management of datasets and verify and update collected data in coordination with the MEAL coordinator.
Monitor the accuracy of collected data and the proper link between field data and database.
- Working with the MEAL teams in Turkey and inside Syria to brief them on upcoming activities, methodologies, and research tools for MEAL activities.
- Coordinate in identifying and implementing training needs for data collectors where appropriate.
- Perform other duties as needed according to management requirements.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in any social science discipline.
- Significant relevant work experience in these specific areas will be considered as an added value.
- The ability to plan, and conduct training in all areas of M&E.
- The ability to use statistical programs and analyze data, draw conclusions, and High skills in reporting.
- Work overtime when required.
- The ability to use Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint in a professional way.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organizational, multitasking, and time-management skills.
- Good knowledge of writing technical MEAL reports.
- Good knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of MEAL, especially in monitoring, evaluation in the emergency context.
- Proven administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain accurate records.
Physical and personality traits required:
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaboratively with team members to achieve objectives.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should use the following link for registration:
*We are strongly encouraging females to apply for this position.*
- Multi-sent CVs will be ignored (please send your CV only one time at a time).
- No resume will be reviewed after the specified date for receiving CV’s to the announced vacancy.
- IYD is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- IYD does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- IYD is not able to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
- IYD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Shortlisting and interviews could be done before the application closing date.