Job Title: WASH Intern – UNGO Jobs
Save the Children International Kenya Country, office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as WASH Intern and learn from professional in the sector. The WASH Intern will ensures that hygiene promotion activities in Mathare is done effectively, professionally, and in accordance with agreed quality and timelines. S/he will be responsible for community messaging, engaging with the host communities, promoting hygiene activities, organizing basic workshops/meetings and distributing hygiene materials. They are also responsible for ensuring that the HFs meet essential WASH standards. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualification and Experience
- At least a degree in, Civil Engineering, public health or public health engineering or related field
- Willingness to learn new skills and motivation to participate in the learning experience.
- A high degree of self-motivation, positive attitude, drive and the ability to contribute to a multi-cultural, team-based work environment.
- Strong networking capacity and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask; work flexibly, creatively and under pressure in response to needs or changing demands.
- Extremely well organized.
- Highest ethical standards
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2FiZGltdWhzaW4uMTA2NzUuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t