Fixed term | 12 months | ASAP
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard-to-reach areas. With a team of 5,900 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year, reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
ACTED Whole of Ukraine
ACTED started its operations in Eastern Ukraine in 2015 to provide support to vulnerable people affected by the conflict that began in 2014. In 2022, as refugees are fleeing clashes across Ukraine triggered by military operations, ACTED is now extending its activities to deliver critical assistance to displaced persons in the main hosting regions and to support self-help and local organizations groups that have spontaneously formed. As the number of civilian casualties continues to grow and damage to critical infrastructure increases, ACTED is scaling-up its humanitarian assistance to help ensure those in transit, internally displaced or remaining in hotspots receive the basic support they need, including cash assistance, water, food and hot meals, blankets, hygiene supplies and access to mobile heating points. Finally, ACTED is also taking part in the ongoing efforts to provide humanitarian assistance to refugees in the neighbouring countries of Poland, Romania and Moldavia where 3 humanitarian response teams have been deployed.
You will be in charge of
1. Monitoring and Evaluation
1.1 Implementation and Management of M&E Systems
– Contribute to the development and updating of the M&E country strategy, consolidation of the M&E work plan and M&E framework for all ongoing projects;
– Ensure that M&E observations/conclusions are taken into account and recommendations are incorporated into future concept notes, project proposals, and implementation plans;
– Implement M&E policies and procedures as outlined in ACTED’s standard M&E technical guides and ensure that tools are used as recommended;
– Contribute to the effective deployment of M&E collection and reporting systems for all staff and partners through trainings, site visits, manuals, and as many technical supports as needed.
1.2 Technical Systems Development
– Develop terms of reference and mission plans and conduct surveys, monitoring and evaluations;
– Develop analytical tools, methodology and data/information dissemination/use plans;
– Closely supervise data collection and ensure that data collection teams are organized and documented as necessary;
– Ensure that data collected is securely stored in databases;
– Measure and report qualitative and quantitative data on processes, outcomes, deliverables, impact, target and performance indicators for all projects;
– Provide data to Project Development teams for use in reporting;
– Contribute to donor project proposals and funding efforts.
– Contribute to the proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through M&E activities to Project Managers, Technical Coordinators, and Project Development Managers and Officers;
– Contribute to organizing and facilitating training sessions to capture best practices and lessons learned.
3. Contribute to the Beneficiary Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM)
– Contribute to the implementation of the Beneficiary Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) in line with ACTED’s standard CRM procedures;
– Oversee proper management of the central CRM database;
– Work on the understanding and ability of ACTED teams, partners and contractors to rely on beneficiary accountability and CRM procedures.
– Participate in conferences and workshops related to M&E when possible and keep up to date on best practices and new knowledge in the M&E sector;
– Perform any other related activity as assigned by the direct manager.
Expected skills and qualifications
University Degree in Political Sciences, Public Administration, International Affairs, Economics or a related field (anthropology, sociology, statistics)
At least 1-2 years of professional experience in humanitarian and/or development organisations
Experience with participatory appraisals and project cycle management encouraged
Good organizational and communication skills with international and national staff and rural communities
Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and work independently and under pressure
Excellent communication and drafting skills in English
Knowledge of the region an asset
Familiarity with basic office software programs
Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
Living allowance of 300 USD
Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
How to apply:
Send your application (resume and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org Ref: MEALOC/UKR
Please note that ACTED does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.