Job Title: Treasury Analyst
SNV is an international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has annual revenues of over €120 million, and 1300 staff working in 25 countries across Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission.
We apply our know-how to deliver results at scale worldwide. We do this through our local presence and know-how to realise effective solutions and our specialised expertise on agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH). Our projects directly benefit millions of people. At the same time, projects drive systems change, which helps many more people work their way out of poverty, well beyond the scope of projects. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation, implementing our mission exclusively through project financing. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence every day.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: https://snv.org/
SNV is now looking to hire an experienced, pro-active Treasury Analyst. The global Treasury team is a small team and consists of a Treasurer and Treasury Officer, due to Treasury’s increased Treasury activities, we now are looking to further strengthen the team with a treasury analyst for our The Hague based finance team.
SNV Treasury’s main activities are managing SNV’s liquidity and ensuring that funding is available at the right time and at the right place. Managing SNV’s global FX risk on 28 currencies and counterparty exposures. While also having an important role in the optimizing of treasury processes and payment processes of our worldwide country offices. Treasury tooling such as Cashvisibility and Cashool schemes thereby supports us to perform our tasks.
Treasury works in close interaction with Country Finance Management, and the Global Finance team; Global Accounting Team and Business Support ad Control.
- The vacant position is a challenging role for a Treasury analyst looking for an international position with following key activities:
- Together with the Treasury Officer in place, you will collect and review the quarterly cashflow forecasts of SNV’s country offices and their monthly updates, which forms the basis for the monthly IC funding.
- In close consultation with the Treasurer, you will take part in SNV’s FX management, including FX transactions.
- Together with the Treasury Officer in place, you will be the contact person for SNV’s country offices and will handle their treasury related questions.
- You also will play a role in driving the optimizing of SNV’s payment instruments worldwide.
- Together with the Treasury Officer in place, you will maintain the treasury tools such as Nomentia cash visibility, SNV’s cashpool schemes and Electronic Banking System(s).
- You will take part in several in Treasury projects to further optimize Treasury processes.
- Quarterly treasury reports and analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics or related field or equivalent by experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in international firm. with a basis understanding of FX management and other treasury processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and intercultural sensitive· Able to explain complex issues to different audiences
- Fluent in English and Dutch; French is an advantage
- Hands on mentality and good analytical problem solving communication skills.
- High interest in FX risk management
- Strong affinity with IT and Business Intelligence Solutions
Contract Type: National Dutch contract
Location: The Hague, Netherlands
Contract duration: one year initially with possibility for extension based on sufficient funding and performance
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, with highly motivated colleagues, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org/careers.
We will require that you provide us with the full details of three people who are willing to act as a reference. We will not contact these references without your explicit permission.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with a Selection Committee will take place.
SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation by ticking the ‘I’m interested’ field before 24th January 2022
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
How to apply:
Please apply online at: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/SNV/743999796214469-treasury-analyst