Salary Range: £60,705 – £69,784 pa
Location: Good work life balance – ability to work from home/remotely in the UK.
Contract length: Permanent– Full-Time
Eligibility for the Civil Service pension scheme option (employer contribution up to 27.1%)
25 days paid annual leave and 8 public holidays
Friendly, supportive, and engaging environment (working with people who are passionate about positive change and strengthening democracy around the world
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is looking for an exceptional leader and innovator in women’s political leadership and political inclusion.
The Head of Practice, Inclusion will lead on the design and delivery of programming in this area across the organisation and play a vital role to play within WFD, in the development of its thinking, culture, and practice.
They will operate independently and with freedom to develop relationships with partners and colleagues within a framework of intellectual, managerial, and pastoral support. And will build expertise in their defined practice area, including cultivating external networks, speaking at events and conferences, as well as building relationships that can further develop WFD’s thinking and practice base.
As a key team member, they will be expected to contribute to the strategic direction, intellectual capital and the written output of the organisation, promoting a positive and collaborative working culture, and act as an ambassador for the organisation and its values.
WFD is looking for someone with
· Strong profile and sustained reputation as a practitioner in the UK and internationally in women’s political leadership and/or political inclusion programming
· A proven track record of delivering high quality, consultative support on issues related to gender and political inclusion to international actors in the governance sector
· Experience designing and delivering democracy and governance programmes, including those addressing issues of women’s political leadership and/or political inclusion
· Experience of safeguarding work with vulnerable groups, including, but not limited to, women, LGBT+ groups, people with disabilities, and youth
· Experience working in or with an organisation with geographically dispersed country offices and staff
· Track record of developing and publishing articles, manuals, guides, policy document and research papers integrating gender and inclusion into democracy and governance work
· Strong written English suitable for drafting and editing material and writing proposals
This is a UK based role; therefore, applicants should only apply if they are eligible to work in the UK. Occasional overseas travel to support activity implementation and oversee activities as directed is required with this position
How to apply:
The apply before the closing date, 27th March 2022 please visit our website. Careers | Westminster Foundation for Democracy (wfd.org)