Job Title: Terms of Reference (TOR) for design, layout & printing of the 2020 Annual Report of Biovision Africa Trust (BvAT) – UNGO Jobs
Biovision Africa Trust (BvAT) is seeking a competent firm or individual to carry out design and layout of camera ready work of its 2020 annual report and print hard copies of the same.
BvAT is a not-for-profit organization established in Kenya in 2009 by the Biovision Foundation for ecological development in Switzerland and based in the International Center of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE) in Nairobi. The Trust’s goal is to alleviate poverty and improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers in Kenya and other African countries through supporting dissemination of information and knowledge on appropriate technology to improve human, animal, plant, and environmental health.
The overall goal of the Trust is to sustainably improve the lives of the people in Africa while conserving the environment as the basis for all life. Our vision is a food secure African continent with healthy people living in a healthy environment. Our Mission is to alleviate poverty and improve the livelihoods of rural communities in Africa through disseminating relevant agricultural information to small holder farmers and supporting like-minded organizations and institutions. In this context, BvAT provides well researched and validated information in four interrelated thematic areas of ecological development; Animal Health, Plant Health, Human Health and Environment Health using various communication pathways; Print (The Organic Farmer and Mkulima Mbunifu magazines), Broadcast (TOF and MkM radios), Electronic media (web-based knowledge database, mobile phone and computer applications), and field outreach services.
- Design and Layout of an attractive 2020 annual report
Organize printing of 100 hard copies of the same.
- Design and layout
- This is a one-off assignment where the successful firm/ individual will be required to work closely with BvAT staff to design and layout the 2020 annual report in line with BvAT
- Provide a ready – to – print format of the report.
- Branding Manual (BvAT will provide a sample).
- Printing of the report – We aim to print 100 hard copies of the report with the following specifications:
- Cover page 250 gsm matte; with a full colour photo
- Inside 150 gsm matte
- Binding – saddle stitch
- No. of pages: about 48 pages
- No. of sides printed:2
- Colours:Full Colour
- Finishing: Saddle stitch
- Quality design of BvAT’s annual report in line with BvAT’s branding requirements and within specified deadlines.
- Final print and web versions of the report in PDF and In Design versions on CD.
- Printed copies (100) with the specs indicated above.
Qualification and Expertise
- Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic design, including the use of design software such as Adobe Design Premium, In-Design, CorelDraw, web design tools such as Dreamweaver and Flash, etc
- Show a clear and mature style of design, demonstrating an understanding of the communication requirements BvAT.
- Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes (offset and digital) and colour management.
- Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms.
- Knowledge of standard software packages, including MS Office– MS Access–MS Visio –Adobe Acrobat.
- Working experience in development or humanitarian environment is desirable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates/firms should submit the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae/ profile;
- A one-page write-up showing why you are most suitable for the consultancy.
- References list.
- Copy of catalogue and samples of similar work
- Financial proposal showing the total cost of conducting the assignment with a clear breakdown of consultancy costs.
If you are interested in the above consultancy (part in terms of design and layout or fully both design, layout and printing) and can demonstrate your ability to meet the qualifications required, then submit your expression of interest with the above mentioned documents to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 21st April 2022 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews