Job Title: Technical Specialist Health and Nutrition projects Africa
Duration : 6 months
Start date : Immediately
You will contribute to ending world hunger by …
The Production Technician will be responsible for training, capacity building, empowering and empowering field teams to ensure the monitoring, quality, support and supervision of projects and programmes throughout the project cycle: a) identification/formulation, b) planning, c) implementation, d) monitoring and e) evaluation. He/she is responsible for providing support to the field to ensure quality, relevance, design, justification and measurement of results throughout the project cycle, as well as promoting the scaling up of Action Against Hunger’s intervention approaches and methodologies. To this end, the Production Technician will also be responsible for updating and generating knowledge in the areas assigned to him/her, identifying trends and contributing to the modelling of interventions, always with the ultimate aim of ensuring the efficiency, quality and relevance of the contracts and missions he/she supports. It also participates in technical development initiatives, capitalisation and dissemination of good practices at field team level, promoting good practices in both management and technical approaches.
The main activities are as follows:
- Participates, with the rest of the production team, to ensure that all projects integrate technical planning, execution and management tools throughout the project cycle for good monitoring and data consolidation at project and contract level.
- Ensures direct field support throughout the production process from the identification and design phase to planning, execution, monitoring and closure, ensuring the coherence and technical quality of projects and programmes and their alignment with strategies.
- Monitors the technical implementation of activities and assigned contracts, identifying and supporting the response to under-execution and low quality risks.
- Provides technical knowledge and strengthens the capacities of field teams through training and information, ensuring the application of protocols and methodologies according to technical competence.
- Identifies technical development needs and implementation issues to feed back into innovation and modelling processes.
- Participates in modelling interventions, identifying trends, developing innovative approaches and updating technical positions in their areas. Identifies good practices and lessons learned on intervention modalities and different types of activities developed.
Does this description fit you?
- Background: Technical profiles (engineering, health sciences, rural development, environment, public health…) or other relevant profile. Postgraduate degree in a discipline related to humanitarian action and international cooperation.
- Experience in defining interventions and drafting proposals.
- Knowledge of project planning and implementation.
- Familiar with project cycle management. Solid experience in providing technical support to field teams.
- Autonomy in work and ability to advise and support field staff in a consultative manner.
- At least 3 years’ previous experience in different geographical contexts.
- Previous experience in a similar position in both development programmes and humanitarian crises and emergency response.
- Familiar with international quality standards: Sphere, Core Humanitarian Standards…
- Knowledge of Development Cooperation and Emergency Response.
- Familiar with the convening processes of major donors (OFDA, ECHO, SIDA, etc.).
- Experience in field level coordination positions Spanish, French and English essential.
Our remuneration package:
Joining a multicultural, professional and innovative organisation and possibility to participate in high social impact projects.
- Temporary contract for 6 months.
- Based in Madrid.
- Remuneration from 31,200 euros gross per year (depending on the candidate’s value).
- Access to flexible remuneration plans (medical insurance, transport, childcare and meal vouchers).
- Professional career adapted to you where talent and motivation are recognised.
- Continuous training in both technical skills and soft skills.
- Work-life balance, with the option of flexible working hours, intensive working hours and the possibility of taking part in our teleworking programme.
- 25 working days of holiday per year with the possibility of arranging it at your discretion and even taking half days.
Action Against Hunger is committed to preventing any kind of unwanted behaviour at work, including sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial malpractice; we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment and to share our code of conduct and other related policies as only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.
How to apply:
Eligible candidates are invited to apply the earliest possible as we are screening applications on a rolling basis.
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.