Job Title: Team Leader – UNGO Jobs
Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
Program Operations (PrOps) – Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Operations teams contribute to realizing this by: ensuring effective project management through supporting project startups, implementation, reporting and financial management as well as closeouts; portfolio coordination: providing a coordinating role across departments in DC that support country offices and programs; working with country teams to develop, refine and pursue their strategies by leveraging technical knowledge (our own and others) and supporting business development as needed; knowledge sharing and learning: enhancing communication between country offices and DC-based teams to ensure better understanding of the diverse operating environments and program approaches.
Pact seeks an experienced Team Leader for an anticipated project in Zimbabwe from the United Kingdom’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The project is expected to help establish norms of participation, accountability, and respect for human rights- and contribute to effective civic action to claim and defend constitutional rights. The Team Leader will be responsible for technical leadership and the overall management and operations of the project. The Team Leader will have the overall responsibility for the oversight and delivery of outputs and results of the program and will ensure that the program is implemented as per the contract and in compliance with the FCDO requirements. The Team Leader will supervise high-quality project implementation, with a focus on achieving the project goals and FCDO Zimbabwe development objectives. They will take a leadership role in the coordination of all activities across all relevant parties, including the Government of Zimbabwe, civil society organizations, key stakeholders, and subawards, and will serve as primary liaison to FCDO. This position is contingent upon award.
· Provide overall technical, financial, and operational oversight of the program
· Provide strategic management of the program including overseeing all inception phase and planning activities, and subsequent implementation of strategies and identification of emerging opportunities
· Lead the team in the implementation of the project according to FCDO regulations, and internationally recognized quality of assistance standards, to ensure activities are implemented within timelines to achieve expected results.
· Oversee project planning (i.e., development of work plans and project budget), monitoring and reporting (i.e., review and approve periodic budgets and technical and financial reports) following the highest standards.
· Manage a team of flexible and adaptive employees and oversee evidence-based adjustments in programming to achieve greater impact.
· Serve as primary point of contact with FCDO and rmanage relationships with the donor, the Zimbabwean government, and national policy actors.Represent Pact at conferences, working groups, and meetings to support Pact’s thought leadership in governance and accountability in Zimbabwe and the region.
· Adhere to all of Pact’s Code of Conduct policies including our Zero Tolerance Policy on Harassment, Sexual Exploitation, and Abuse in the workplace.
· Master’s Degree from an accredited university in social sciences, law, development studies, or a relevant field.
· Demonstrated leadership skills with at least ten (10) years of experience in the successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to democracy and governance activities.
· At least fuve (5) years of experience in a senior level management and leadership position, including direct supervision of staff, program management, and technical leadership.
· Demonstrated experience managing complex multi‐million dollar donor-funded projects.
· Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to perform and collaborate with a diversity of stakeholders in complex and politically sensitive project environments.
· Demonstrated track record of successfully building and effectively managing a diverse team of employees and partners.
· Demonstrated leadership, problem-solving, and consensus-building skills
· Fluency in English (oral, writing, and reading).
· Ability to travel within Zimbabwe and occasionally internationally when health and safety concerns regarding COVID-19 diminish.
· Fluency in one or more official languages of Zimbabwe (aside from English).
· Demonstrated experience managing highly adaptive programs, as well as applying conflict-sensitive approaches.
· Experience working in Zimbabwe
· Knowledge of the political, social, and economic context of Zimbabwe.
· Zimbabwe nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
How to apply:
Follow this link to apply to this position.