Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant (Call for talent pipeline) – UNGO Jobs
The purpose of this pipeline post is to identify ready to acquire talents for our Supply Chain Team.
The Supply Chain Assistant will be responsible for supporting the management of vehicle fleet, assets, communications and procurement to ensure effective, transparent and accountable Supply Chain support to the Save the Children Programs in Turkey. S/he will be in close collaboration with program teams to ensure adequate Supply Chain consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation and will provide technical support and guidance to program teams on Supply Chain elements of distribution & procurement planning.
Note: In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- University degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in supply chain and procurement.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English and Turkish, with experience in working with multicultural teams
- Ability to analyze and interpret competitive bids and quotes, technical procedures, governmental documents and regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Good communication and influencing skills. Ability to effectively communicate with multi-level personnel as well as vendors and their representatives.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Working knowledge on MS Office applications (i.e. Word, advanced Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Teams)
- Familiar working with financial softwares
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and strong ability to take initiative.
- Able to work in tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Excellent team player.
- Understanding and commitment to Save the Children aims, values and principles.
- Preferably strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in Arabic, with experience in working with multicultural teams
- Experience working with I/NGOs is highly desired
Position holder will be based in Istanbul, therefore legal right to work in Turkey is necessary at the time of application.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2luYW4uMjk4ODkuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t