Spice Kitchen Incubator assists refugees, immigrants, other new Americans, and community members of low-moderate income to plan, launch, scale, and sustain their own food business through free technical assistance, subsidized kitchen time, and market access.
· Special Events:
o Support entrepreneurs in identifying and applying for special events including farmer’s markets, seasonal and holiday events, and festivals
o Work with entrepreneurs to plan special event logistics, production schedule cost menu items, prepare equipment, and secure required permits
o Attend special events as needed to offer assistance and guidance on vending activities
o Coordinate with event organizer and entrepreneur to finalize contracts, obtain signatures, and submit payments as needed.
o Provide capacity building technical assistance on special event planning and operations
o Support Coordinator in logistics and organization for large caterings and other high capacity events
o Collect feedback from customers after each event, review feedback and discuss with entrepreneurs
o Provide support in SKI-liaised activities and initiatives including Spice-to-Go, Community Food Boxes, Nourish to Flourish, and caterings
o Coordinate with identified entrepreneur(s) to check availability and plan and prepare for event including completing contracts
o Work with SKI staff and entrepreneurs to create a production schedule for each event
o Support entrepreneurs in accessing independent food truck events (through Food Truck League, Rolling Menus, and other platforms)
o Assist entrepreneurs in expanding independent catering services
o Save all production schedules, catering contracts and other information in Podio and Box.
o Print all necessary labels and materials for each event
o Expand network of SKI customers through targeted outreach
o Assist the Data and Logistics Specialist in collecting customer and event feedback and utilize feedback to improve event services
o Support Value Chain Coordinator AmeriCorps VISTA to identify local partners and incorporate locally-sourced ingredients in entrepreneurs’ products and services
· Kitchen and Administrative:
o Support oversight and management of commercial kitchen and facility operations including maintenance, facilities upkeep, and other tasks related to building infrastructure and equipment
o Advocate for client needs in commercial kitchen ensuring equitable treatment, safety and food safety guidelines are adhered to
o Collect and distribute mail that arrives at the kitchen to appropriate clients
o Assist participants to reserve kitchen tables and equipment
o Collaborate with Coordinator to ensure monthly invoices are shared with entrepreneurs in a clear and timely manner, including review invoices with entrepreneurs each month
Key Working Relationships:
This position is supervised by: Spice Kitchen Markets and Outreach Coordinator
This position supervises: interns and volunteers
· A minimum of two years related professional experience within the food industry
· Demonstrated understanding of local food businesses, catering, logistics, food business development
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English, and with people of different linguistic backgrounds; bi-lingual ability preferred.
· Ability to provide services and guide programming with a lens for diversity, equity and inclusion
· Highly organized with excellent time and space management skills.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite; especially Excel and Word
· Good people and conflict resolution skills. Job requires a high level of interaction with program participants, staff and community stakeholders.
· Patience, flexibility and a good sense of humor
· A passion for great food and a willingness to taste anything
· Ability to speak passionately and articulately about the IRC and SPICE Kitchen mission
· Excellent interpersonal relation skills. Professional, friendly, and courteous attitude a must
· Ability to safely lift 30+ lbs
· Valid driver’s license, active insurance policy and access to reliable transportation
· Standard office work environment along with travel in and around the service delivery area
· Flexibility to work some Saturdays and some weekday evenings as needed to support programming
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.**
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.**
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.**
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply:
Please apply on our website: