Describe why the job exists.
The post holder will be responsible for conducting/ supporting reviews and follow-up actions to ensure that the Consortium is in compliance with: FCDO contract/ funding requirements, internal policies laws and regulations and applicable standards. He will also support risk processes put in place for identification, analysis and management of risks and make appropriate recommendation for strength
Describe the main activities undertaken by the job holder. The list need not be exhaustive, but should reflect the most important features of the job.
To work internally with the WISH Hub team , the IPPF internal audit team in risk identification, assessment and mitigation plans
To work externally with the Consortium partners and IPPF MAs in risk management/ compliance/ audit/ investigation units
To ensure gender is effectively mainstreamed within the remit of the post and in line with IPPF’s Gender Equality Policy.
To build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts within and outside the Federation.
To become familiar with the Federation’s Health and Safety Programme and Guidelines for using Visual Display Units. To do everything possible to ensure a healthy and safe working environment, including following instructions and guidance.
To undertake such other reasonable duties as may be requested from time to time.
The candidate must demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding in local and international context and demonstrate a willingness to sign and adhere to IPPF’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policies
· Update WISH risk management tools (global/ country risk register, other specific risk registers e.g., COVID, Commodity) and incident reports) across the project and Consortium.
· Review and update the risk register and tracking closure of action plans with support from heads of units, head of regions and technical leads.
· Review, update and report, at least quarterly, information on the major risk exposures. Working with key contributors and support the analysis of significant risks; ensure both that the appropriate mitigation measures and contingency plans
· Lead execution/ coordinate third party providers in the implementation of country level audits and liaise regularly with the MA teams & IPPF ARO/CO to ensure that remedial action is taken to address gaps noted in the audit reports.
· Undertake month end/ quarterly/ periodic on-site/ remote financial reviews of sample transactions working closely with commercial managers.
· Coordinate implementation of the FCDO supplier code of conduct including measures in place for Anti-Money Laundering & Combating the Financing of Terrorism programme.
· Lead execution of training programs related to specific risk management areas, ethical behaviour and anti-fraud awareness as required and provide guidance where necessary across the consortium.
· Coordinate incident management including tracking of incidents, reporting; , follow up actions; lessons learnt and, drafting updatesfor FCDO .
· Work closely with Internal Audit, Investigations, Safeguarding, Safety and Security staff across the Consortium ensuring that there are clearly understood protocols for information sharing and appropriate actions are taken in light of the relevant information.
· Support in the contract management process including maintaining a log of issued contracts and subsequent clauses, flagging any contract management issues and drafting appropriate amendments/ clauses.
· Lead the asset verification exercise and liaise with various teams on asset disposal process as part of the anticipated close of the WISH programme. This will include: provide support in the asset verification process; undertaking spot checks; and preparation of asset disposal registers for the FCDO of WISH assets across the programme.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Describe the likely educational/training background of the job holder.
· Degree in Commerce,; risk assurance/management, finance, accounting, international development, audit or other relevant field;
· Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), (CISA) or Risk Management will be an added advange
PROVEN ABILITY – Essential Criteria
Describe the minimum level of professional experience required to do the job.
· At least 5 years of relevant experience in risk management,compliance, or audit in international aid field contexts with an understanding of ethical (including both fiduciary and safeguarding), safety and security issues in the development sector.
· Experience in reviewing and/ or supporting an ongoing risk management/ assurance process.
· Demonstrated experience in facilitating processes with cross-functional, multiple stakeholders.
Detail the skills needed to do the job, including languages.**
· Strong Analytical and Organizational Skills
· Strong Communication Skills
· Report Writing and presentation skills
· Time Management
· Problem Solving Skills
· High Level of Integrity and trust
· High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and reporting tools
Describe the characteristics of effective job performance, e.g. sound judgement, ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to advocate, influence and negotiate;
· Ability to effectively engage a range of stakeholders
· Discretion in handling confidential information
· Willing to travel internationally up to 60 days a year
· Cultural sensitivity
· At least 5 years demonstrated risk management consulting, internal audit and compliance review experience.
· Experience of working in environments with complex governance arrangements.
· Experience of developing and managing whistle bowing procedures – including management of investigations.
· Experience of facilitating the development of contingency plans against identified risks.
· Developing and maintaining databases/information systems for managing risk reporting.
· Strong understanding of risk management standards and frameworks (e.g. ISO 31000, COSO framework) and their applications.
· Knowledge of French an advantage.
How to apply:
Interested individuals should submit CV and a 1-page cover letter to: email@example.com with the job position you are applying for as the subject of the email by 29 April 2022.