Job Title: Senior Procurement Manager – UNGO Jobs
Senior Procurement Manager
The Senior Procurement Manager will be responsible for the management of the procurement function and strategic sourcing for the Ukraine country office. The incumbent will also be responsible for supporting and liaising with the regional procurement unit as well as procurement functions in neighbouring countries to ensure efficient and effective procurement. The role will also include taking a lead role in advising Technical advisors and program managers in the development of their respective procurement plans.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
Reports to: Supply Chain Director
Dimensions: Save the Children in Ukraine has a portfolio of over 100 million USD. An estimate of 35% will be 3rd party expenditures.
Number of direct reports: 2
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The Senior Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing the Procurement Unit.
Lead the execution of end-to-end tendering
- Lead category / sourcing strategy development
- Lead sourcing execution
- Develop functional strategy and set ambition for the unit
- Support the development of global category / sourcing strategies
- Support global sourcing execution
- Set-up of strategic contracts as part of the sourcing strategies
Oversight and monitoring of the Procurement Function
- Monitoring the procurement processing across field offices aiming to improving sensibly the lead times by coordinating better with SCI suppliers
- Helping field offices in improving the coordination concerning procurement, from identification of the needs to their expression.
- Produce monthly summaries and monitoring the function with KPIs
Providing procurement support for Field Offices
- Provide support to field offices with complex procurement processes with high volume and high value by supporting in the expression of the needs and in providing technical support on best way to handle procurement processes
- Review procurement plans and analytics of the offices and providing feedback and advices for improvements.
- Sets targets for the Procurement Unit; monitor performance and measuring efficiencies.
- Achieve timely and cost effective procurement
- Implement SCI’s source-to-pay technology solution
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (VALUES IN PRACTICE):
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Degree in in related area, Master level degree will be an advantage. MCIPS certification desirable
- At least five years in a managerial position in procurement. Having experience in the INGO sector and in handling Cash Transfer Procurement, pharmaceutical procurement and construction contracting will be an advantage.
- 3 years international experience is must, preferably having extensive knowledge of the European market. Having previous Ukraine procurement management level is a strong advantage.
- Experience in running complex and high-volume procurement processes and in high volume contracts negotiation (>USD 1 million)
- Can demonstrate financial benefits delivered from procurement output
- Experience designing, implementing or using a Source-to-Pay technology solution
- Experience in change management, stakeholder engagement, holding people to account (even if not direct reports)
- Proven ability to review supply demands and trends; to develop strategies to fill identified gaps
- Experience working with large institutional donors and knowledge of their rules and regulations
- Ability to synthesize and analyse information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Experience in developing the capacity of procurement staff through the use / delivery of training, performance management frameworks and development plans.
- Experience in development and implementation of efficient procurement systems, policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Knowledge of Ukrainian language is an advantage
- Excellent ability with MS-Office applications particularly Excel
- Willingness and ability to travel within the region to support country offices.
- Resilient to stress.
- Sense of diplomacy and negotiation skills.
- Experienced in managing people is a must.
- Able to prioritize and work with limited supervision, self-motivated, resilient to stress.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This Role is offered on the basis of International terms and conditions. Also, interviews will be held on ongoing basis, adverts will be closed once a person is identified.
For non- EU citizens; Visa is to be obtained.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bGhhamRhb3VkLjU3NTkxLjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ