Job Title: Senior Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Management Adviser – UNGO Jobs
Chemonics seeks a Senior Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Management Adviser to support the Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Malawi. GHSC-PSM project in Malawi supports the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. The project has three primary objectives: global commodity procurement and logistics, systems strengthening to support in-country supply chain management, and global collaboration via strategic engagement to improve long-term availability of health commodities.
The Senior Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Management Adviser is responsible for supply chain stakeholder coordination, providing quality assurance to strengthen overall supply chain performance, and carrying out activities to meet the project objectives. This position is based in Lilongwe, Malawi and will be seconded to the Ministry of Health under the Directorate of Health and Technical Support Services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Build supply chain management capacity and capability of Malawi’s Ministry of Health, particularly on the role of quality data on decision-making, performance monitoring, forecasting, and needs assessment processes
Assist with supply-chain data generation, collection, processing, storage, and utilization, ensuring that data is cleaned, reports prepared, shared, and used in decision-making
Identify, analyze and recommend options to improve overall health supply chain management and accountability
Provide strategic support and advice for effective implementation of work plan activities, global standards, and national strategic plans and support regular drug audits in public health facilities
Provide capacity building training on supply chain and health information system tools and applications
Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to provide technical assistance on forecasting and supply planning to meet health commodity requirements
Monitor reforms and policy changes and highlight the potential impact of these changes on the supply chain and product availability
Support and review the development of guidelines, standard operating procedures, training manuals, tools, and national supply plans for improved supply chain performance, liaising with relevant stakeholders
Participate and attend key meetings and technical working groups with other supply chain stakeholders, donors, partners, and the Ministry of Health
Write project reports, success stories and lessons learned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to Pharmacy, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Data Management required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum ten years of experience in supply chain management, performance monitoring, and logistics data management, particularly at the national level
- Minimum seven years of experience working in the public health systems of developing countries, within the Ministry of Health or supporting Ministries of Health
- Experience and familiarity managing projects in monitoring and evaluation for systems performance, process improvement, and data management strongly preferred
- Experience conducting capacity building, on-the-job mentoring, and continuous process improvement for programs
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in dynamic and high-pressure environments
- Ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment with multiple stakeholders and partners
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Word, and Excel and familiarity with database and spreadsheet queries, formulae, and graphical presentation data
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English, both verbally and in writing
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter, a full detailed Curriculum Vitae or Resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com by April 27, 2022. Please include “Senior Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Management Adviser” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.