Job Title: Senior Manager or Director of Technology – UNGO Jobs
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN COLORADO; TITLE WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE LEVEL OF EXPEREINCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Water For People is a global nonprofit working across nine countries, bringing together communities, local entrepreneurs, and governments to build and maintain water and sanitation services that will last. We have a sustainable solution to end the global water and sanitation crisis, and our employees across the world help drive this solution.
The Director of Technology develops and leads the digital strategy for Water For People. Water For People strives to be a technology-led organization. This means building a solid foundation while also bringing innovation to the business model and shaping the future: managing and delivering the right business technology solutions, supporting organizational change, enhancing business processes across all departments, and implementing effective cyber security to protect the organization’s information and financial resources.
The Director of Technology develops, enables, and supports all technology at Water For People. This position also leads a team that provides global helpdesk and desktop support. IT (Information Technology) support includes continuously improving the network infrastructure, integration and enhancement of the software portfolio, and technology application implementation. The technologies used by Water For People are focused on both efficiently running the organization internally and enhancing the delivery of Water For People’s programs externally. In the external functionality, the Director of Technology works closely with the Global Programs team as a delivery partner.
The Director of Technology leads both daily operations of existing services and design of new services to meet the organization’s objectives. The Director of Technology mitigates the risk of technology failures to negative impacts, builds and maintains functional systems/equipment for optimal performance, and ensures all proprietary business information and data are safe and secure through a proactive and comprehensive cyber security program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Proactively gain knowledge of Water For People’s current and future technology needs by soliciting feedback from employees across the organization.
- Develop and implement an enterprise-wide digital strategy to ensure that Water For People is a technology-led organization
- Provide technology-based insight to support departmental goals and organizational priorities
- Project management and delivery of technology projects.
- Maintain a catalog of all technologies in use today (hardware and software); prioritize present and future needs, discover efficiencies, identify gaps, implement positive actions, and develop a process for eliminating unauthorized software or hardware.
- Create a technology-led future through innovative technological solutions to drive a greater technology-led culture and world-wide organizational impact.
- Communicate updates and implement training on technology best practices and cyber security.
- Serve as a resource for country programs to increase their effectiveness in planning and implementing technology solutions
Oversee delivery of special projects such as SharePoint (e.g., intranet, grant management workflow, GP Tracking database, IT Execution)
- Ensure business continuity in all Water For People offices, minimizing network downtime to the maximum extent possible.
- Oversee the Global Helpdesk to ensure effective and efficient responses to IT user requests with a customer-first approach.
- In collaboration with the Global Helpdesk, analyze, install, monitor, and maintain the performance and security of Water For People’s networks and hardware.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices and industry standards for hardware and software, including, but not limited to, servers, support networks, and all necessary equipment.
- Oversee the operation and monitoring of a wide variety of computer systems, including routers, switches, wireless controllers, servers, cloud-based systems/networks, different computers for different user needs, and telecommunication equipment. Ensure that systems meet industry standards through necessary software, operating system, security, and hardware upgrades. Integrate multiple information technology platforms and solutions using programming and database management tools and techniques, to leverage off-the-shelf, third-party solutions.
- Ensure that proper cyber security measures are in place, including insurance and a cyber threat mitigation and response plan in response to the rapidly changing cyber security threat environment.
- Properly budget and control IT spend across the organization.
- Develop IT Standard Operating Policies and Procedures in accordance with ITIL and CIS standards and practices and update annually.
- Work with data sources, repositories, data flow, and system interaction to implement Internet web servers, mail servers, VM ware, Active Directory and File servers
- Manage database administration, relatable objects of database security, availability, recoverability, performance, and software installation.
- Evaluate what hardware and software can be donated to Water For People to minimize cost, but not inhibit productivity; dispose of used assets per Water For People policy.
- Contract for third-party system security audits every other year in conjunction with internal auditor
- Create training documents for Water For People software and develop communication and roll-out plans before new software is deployed. Deliver virtual training globally and in-person locally in Denver
- Lead, supervise, and mentor team members.
- Support goal setting and conduct performance reviews for direct reports aligned with organizational timelines. Address performance issues in a timely and respectful manner.
- Review and approve timesheets, time off requests, and expense reimbursement prepared by each employee.
- Follow organizational policies/procedures and ensure compliance.
- Monitor and Manage subcontractors and outside consulting and third-party resources
Software and hardware platforms we currently use: Raiser’s Edge (server side), SPSS (server side), VPN, web server, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe, AutoDesk suite, ArcGIS, MAC support, Team Viewer, Tableau, Power BI, VPN, Windows (11,10,), Windows server (2012, 2016), VM ware, SAN, ISCSI, hosted Exchange server, Office 365, Meraki switches VOIP phones, Box.net, ConnectWise, Webroot, NetSuite, ADP payroll
BEHAVIORS AND COMPETENCIES:
Connect to Mission – Work to integrate own behaviors with the mission of the organization; connect the organization’s mission with established structure and activities; actively work to improve the capabilities of teams; actions and decisions are taken with the organization in mind
Manage through Ambiguity – Adapt to people, shifting demands, and changing priorities with ease; create clear picture of the importance and relevance of change; find way to apply innovative ideas to enhance business results
Demonstrate Cultural Awareness – Establish an inclusive environment; is appreciative, affirming, and inclusive of all cultural backgrounds; demonstrate active listening, empathy, and effective engagement to increase cultural competence
Action-oriented – Integrate a variety of information or translate corporate strategy; drive innovation to create competitive edge; introduce substantive improvements to enhance performance throughout a functional area; create something that stands out against the norm to help deliver industry-leading performance
Sense of Team – Facilitate collaboration; invest in building relationships; advocate ideas and effectively negotiate to achieve mutually successful outcomes; know and consider the capabilities of coworkers in own actions; bring people together across boundaries, leveraging differences to achieve results as a team
Build Talent and Team – Build sustainable talent pipeline; look beyond own team, towards building organizational capacity; review employees’ capabilities to assess organization capacity to deliver on strategy; challenge individuals to champion the talent management agenda; benchmark people capability and people processes
Impact and Influence – Empower teams to perform; appropriately use the power of the position as well as personal influence to achieve outcomes; persuade others to willingly pursue a course of action against their initial inclination; create a team spirit of excitement and positive motivation; hold the group/team accountable to higher goals based on greater empowerment
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Information Sciences required
- 8 years of related Information technology experience required
- 3 years of people management experience highly preferred
- The following certifications are highly preferred:
- AZ 900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- CompTIA Network
·The following experience is highly preferred:
- Microsoft Systems Engineering experience performing a migration and maintenance of an AWS environment.
- Deep knowledge of AWS.
- Microsoft 365, Azure, and Intune
- Cisco Meraki environment.
- In depth experience with LANs, WANs, VLANs, routers, switches, firewalls, AV, VPN, VM, servers, and various operating systems.
- Cyber Security implementations, Practices and Auditing
- Server design and implementation and IT network planning.
- SharePoint design
- Project and change management
· Skills and abilities:
- Spanish language helpful
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS: **
· Ability to travel < 5% of the time to country program offices, where travel is rugged. There may be more travel initially to understand the global operations. All international travel is optional.
· This position will be based at Water For People Headquarters office in Greenwood Village, Colorado and will have the option to work from our office or remotely in Colorado. This position will require you to attend some in-person meetings or see to necessary work at the office.
· Ability to work extra hours and outside regular business hours when there are urgent needs to maintain business continuity, and work with team members located in other time zones.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
US anticipated salary range: $90,000 – $120,000 per year.
Actual salary will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage healthy living for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind, and social well-being. To that end, we provide a global EAP and Telehealth benefit to address your holistic health. Healthy living also includes financial wellness tools including, digital tools, classes, counseling, paid time off and generous retirement savings plan.
Water For People cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Water For People is committed to protecting children encountered during our work and by our employees, preventing sexual abuse and exploitation of all individuals with a particular focus on women and children and other marginalized communities in the performance of our work, preventing human trafficking in the performance of our work and in our supply chain and to having a drug-free workplace. During the recruitment processes, additional documentation will be requested to comply with our policies and in accordance with the legal requirements in your country of residency, this includes a background check. If you apply for employment, we want you to be aware of our recruitment, selection and hiring processes including important policies regarding employee conduct.
Water For People is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to creating a culture of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace. Water for people strives to create and maintain a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of race, ethnicity, ancestry, tribal affiliation, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, veteran status, disability, socioeconomic class, educational attainment, or other social identities is critical to our ability to have a world where every person has access to reliable and safe water and sanitation services.
Our commitment ensures that we:
· Have a different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
· Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating each other with dignity, respect, and appreciation enabling us to feel welcome, supported, and valued.
· Effectively connect, communicate, and build long-lasting relationships with stakeholders within our diverse communities.
· Have diversity of thought, perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and talents that will support our mission to develop high-quality drinking water and sanitation services are available to Everyone Forever.
How to apply:
Contact and Further Information:
If you are both qualified and Water For People interests you, please visit our Career Center and apply with your resume and cover letter to this position.