Job Title: Senior Expert for the topic “Peace” with a regional focus on the Sahel
Within our “Global Issues” support area, we are looking for a
Senior Expert for the topic “Peace” with a regional focus on the Sahel (full-time)
to start on April 4, 2022.
Armed conflict and its consequences affect the lives of approximately two billion people worldwide. Even societies that no longer face violent conflicts often have to deal with their aftermath for decades to come. We support societies affected by violent conflicts in their transformation toward sustainable peace. To this end, we facilitate medium- to long-term support for those people and organizations directly impacted by conflict across three regions – the Sahel, the Middle East, and the Western Balkans. In the Sahel, specifically in the border region between Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast and Ghana, our work focuses on developing initiatives with local stakeholders, with the goal of shaping inclusive peace processes and implementing projects with communities on the ground. In addition, within the topic “Peace”, we advocate for greater inclusion of local approaches in the global peacebuilding system and work towards improving the parameters within which local peace actors operate.
- Initiating, implementing, and managing the foundation’s activities in the Sahel, in particular the Locally-led Peace Initiative (including creating and adapting a sound theory of change and theory of action, as well as implementing and further developing the concept for Monitoring, Evaluation, Adaptation, & Learning)
- Leading on and ensuring the conceptual, administrative, and financial management as well as impact-focused implementation of projects in the region
- Collaborating with local, regional, and international partners
- Representing the foundation’s activities in the Sahel both internally and publicly (e.g. writing opinion pieces, participating in panel discussions)
- Planning, coordinating and implementing events and trips – Collaborating on the further development of the foundation’s “Peace” strategy
- Several years of internationally-focused professional experience related to peace and the Sahel region (preferably Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, or Ghana)
- Extensive international experience living and working abroad, preferably in the Sahel region
- Relevant academic background and track record of academic publications
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of the Sahel (e.g. historical and current political developments in the region as well as its conflict dynamics, relevant stakeholders and networks)
- Solid and relevant network of local and international stakeholders in the region
- Experience in strategy development and conflict-sensitive project management
- Experience of working with stakeholders across different societal levels and sectors
- Professional fluency in French and English; knowledge of a local language of the region an advantage
- Excellent German language skills
- Willingness to travel for work
If you are performance-focused, highly committed, and have the drive to dedicate yourself to this role, we offer you a challenging and varied position within a motivated team. We offer a generous package including additional benefits and support you with extensive opportunities for future training. The position is initially limited to two years. We endeavor to make the role permanent at the end of the two-year period. The job can be based in either Berlin or Stuttgart.
How to apply:
Please submit your application by 06 of December 2021 using our Online Application Portal. For data protection reasons, we ask that you only apply via the Application Portal.
Please include the following documents in your application:
- Cover letter
- Certificate of your highest school-leaving qualification (e.g. high school diploma)
- Certificate(s) of training and university degree
- Certificates/supporting documents of previous professional activities
For further information on our work, please visit our website: www.bosch-stiftung.de/en.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH
Director Human Resources
Tel: + 49 (0) 711/460 84-680