Job Title: Senior Coordinator, Alumni Secretariat – Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea – UNGO Jobs
Why Tetra Tech International Development?
As a leading global development consulting firm, our purpose is to contribute to a world where people, communities and the planet thrive.
Tetra Tech International Development works with governments, businesses and NGOs to solve complex development challenges. Our dedicated team helps partners including DFAT, USAID and the Asian Development Bank to deliver effective and sustainable projects in more than 80 countries around the world.
- Join a well established team, in a senior coordinator role, with this long-standing Australia Awards program in Papua New Guinea
- Fixed Term Contract until 30 June 2023
- Located in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea with program travel as required (e.g., PNG provinces/Australia)
The Australia Awards Papua New Guinea (AAPNG) Facility is designed to promote knowledge, leadership and enduring ties between Australia and Papua New Guinea (PNG). It aims to build knowledge and skills to address PNG’s economic and development challenges through international scholarships to Australia and scholarships in PNG.
It offers the next generation of leaders in Papua New Guinea opportunities to acquire professional and technical knowledge and skills relevant to the priorities of the Government of PNG. The program ensures opportunities are provided for women, people with disabilities and people from rural and remote locations. The program supports alumni to use their skills, knowledge and networks to drive change and innovation.
AAPNG includes three study options:
- Australia Award Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to undertake long-term study in Australia, primarily at the postgraduate level;
- Australia Awards Short Course Awards for Papua New Guineans to undertake short-term professional development study in Australia or PNG, often receiving an Australian qualification; and
- Australia Awards In-PNG Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to undertake long-term study in PNG to meet critical workforce gaps.
To deliver Australia Awards outcomes, AAPNG has six stream activities: Australia Awards; PNG and Pacific Awards; Short Course Awards; Alumni Engagement; Secondary Schools; and Higher Education. AAPNG is managed by Tetra Tech International Development, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Reporting to the Alumni Engagement Manager, the Senior Coordinator, Alumni Secretariat is responsible for providing secretariat support to the PNG Australia Alumni Association in a manner that promotes the Association’s sustainability and transparency, and is in accordance with the strategies, policies and procedures of AAPNG.
- Holds a relevant university degree qualification in administration, project management, education and/or human resources development or an equivalent combination of experience;
- Senior professional experience in project coordination in an international development context and including institutional capacity building;
- Knowledge of the Government of Papua New Guinea, its structure and reform agenda and policies and systems relating to human resources and training;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills for building and maintaining relationships, delivering messages, and identifying and managing issues;
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision;
- An understanding of Business Risk Management and strong skills of analytical thinking
- Experience working independently and within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development (now known as the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office). Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Tetra Tech International Development is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.
How to apply:
This position is locally engaged and reserved for National Citizens of Papua New Guinea.
To view a detailed position description and to apply, please visit www.intdev.tetratechasiapacific.com/join-us and search for job number 499616. You can directly access the role through this link:Page Up People Careers – Tetra Tech International Development
Please note that applications will only be accepted via the online application process on the Tetra Tech International Development Website.**
For further enquiries, please contact us at IDEV.HRServices@tetratech.com and quote the job reference number 499616
Applications close: 5.00pm (PNG time) Friday 29 April 2022.