Job Title: Senior Advisor, Leadership Development
CRS JOB DESCRIPTION
Senior Advisor, Leadership Development
Manager II, Leadership Development
Type of Post
Remote / Telecommuter
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As a global organization, that has grown significantly in size over the past decade, CRS is now comprised of almost 7,000 people from over 100 countries who collaborate to catalyze transformational change. Four Strategic Approaches that will enable the agency to achieve the have been identified. One key Strategic Approach is to build a more agile, innovative, and impactful organization. The Leadership Development team within the Global People Resources (GPR) team is integral to shaping this more agile, innovative and impactful agency.
In this senior role, you will provide expertise in leadership development for the agency. The Advisor Sr. designs and delivers learning programs for leaders across all levels around the world. You will advise on the development of organizational protocols for staff related to leadership development. The Advisor Sr applies deep understanding of leadership challenges to expand mindsets and behaviors needed for employee engagement and organizational impact.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Design and facilitate development programs, virtual and in-person for managers and leaders.
- Establish learning and behavioral outcomes, impact assessments, and feedback loops.
- Apply various methods for learning solutions, including large-scale workshops, small groups learning circles, leadership coaching, social learning, and peer coaching.
- Track, evaluate and improve learning experiences, outcomes, and impact.
- Build trusting relationships and safe learning environments with leaders across diverse backgrounds, identities, and contexts.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to team members around leadership development approaches and themes.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Training and Facilitation, Adult Learning, International Development, or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of experience in learning and development (L&D), facilitation, capacity building, coaching, human resources, or equivalent.
Required Languages – English. French, Spanish or Arabic a plus.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% internationally
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage a diverse portfolio of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible and deal with ambiguity positively.
- Ability to work with diverse teams and within different cultural contexts.
- Experience delivering learning and leadership development solutions within a global, multi-cultural environment.
- Competence and confidence in applying a diversity, equity, inclusion and access (DEIA) lens across leadership development themes.
- Knowledge and experience with adult learning theory, leadership development, and/or coaching competencies. Coaching certification a plus.
- Strong business acumen, business strategies and a collaborative working style.
- Willingness to work with virtual team across multiple time zones.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and Web Conferencing Applications.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. *CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.