Location: Amman, Jordan with frequent travel (up to 25% of time) across the region, including to conflict and (post-conflict territories)
Reporting Manager: Regional Manager
Start date: ASAP
Remuneration: About 2,000 – 3,000 USD per month, depending on level of experience and qualifications, plus benefits.
MAGENTA is a leading Social and Behavioural Change (SBC) Research and Communications agency that specialises in understanding human decision-making processes in order to design communications solutions for positive change in fragile and development settings. We implement programmes across the Middle East, Middle East, Asia and Latin America, using the latest in behavioural science principles and a rigorous approach to research, strategy, campaign design and implementation.
Our client base includes UN agencies, INGOs, governments and the private sector. We aim to amplify the voices of local actors while bringing international expertise and methodological rigour. To do so, we partner with civil society, creative agencies, media and academics to design innovative, relevant and impactful solutions to some of the most challenging problems of our time. Whether we are aiming to shift parenting practices to improve children’s outcomes or to understand how social norms underpin corruption, we always go the extra mile to ensure we can create positive impact for some of the most underserved populations in the world.
MAGENTA’s team operates across the globe, with offices in Jordan, Tunisia, Mexico and Pakistan and operates on a range of projects that include research, strategy development, SBC intervention implementation, and evaluation.
MAGENTA’s Middle East team works across six countries (Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, Yemen and UAE). Projects include research, strategy development, SBC intervention implementation, and evaluation. We are looking for exceptional individuals, driven by a keen desire to deliver social impact and who thrive in fast-paced environment. In return, we offer a strong mentoring and exceptional growth possibilities within an expanding team.
Primary responsibilities of Programme Managers are the following (1) Programme Management, and (2) Programme and Partnership Development.**
The Programme Manager will manage a number of programmes in the research and communications field. Typical tasks include:
· Managing programmes effectively from inception to close-out, including both technical and operational aspects;
· Oversee formative behavioural research and lead analysis through literature reviews, consultations, drafting and reviewing research tools, oversee mixed methods data collection and data analysis, and draft analytical reports; **
· Provide technical expertise on SBC and lead the design and implementation of social and behavioural change strategies, including by significantly contributing to creative strategy;
· Oversee design and development of graphic design, production and other creative element
· Monitor programme and develop contextually appropriate and effective solutions to ensure smooth implementation that delivers impact;**
· Delivering impactful programmes that achieve the set objectives within the allocated budget and timeframe; **
· Developing, maintaining and utilising programme specific management tools including detailed workplans, resource plans and budgeting; **
· Leading on all procurement needs for effective programme delivery; **
· Acting as the primary contact for clients and other stakeholders; **
· Building and leading project teams, including research, creative and media teams; **
· Overseeing the coordination of project partners e.g., consultants, media, civil society;**
· Conducting internal and external training/workshops on a need basis; **
· Managing project logistics and administrative tasks, including costs tracking, archiving documents, developing case studies, and updating MAGENTA databases;**
Programme and Partnership Development:
· Identify needs and design relevant and innovative social behavioural change solutions to address them;
· Lead on programme design, including theory of change, activity design, M&E frameworks, resources plans and financial plans;
· Applying systematically social behavioural change models to the design of new programmes;
· Lead on proposal preparation and submission;
· Contributing to the expansion of MAGENTA’s professional network in Middle East;
· Preparing and conducting client presentations;
· Supporting and identifying business development opportunities in focus markets;
· Building partnerships (civil society, media, creative, etc.) in focus markets.
Requirements and Competencies
· Relevant degree required; Masters preferred.
· 6-10 years professional experience;
· At least 6 years of programme management experience;
· Experience in social behavioural change, communications and/or research;
· Substantial knowledge of the international development and/or humanitarian system and institution and donors in Middle East;
· Robust experience in designing, operationalising, implementing and evaluating development interventions;
· Ability to work effectively, respectfully and successfully with governments, clients, partners and other stakeholders in complex settings;
· Knowledge of and experience living in Middle East strongly desired;
· Technological and software fluency,
· A high-level strategic thinker, with a keen desire to learn and consume new information;
· Robust logic chain analytics and strong general analytical skills;
· Excellent communicator able to manage conflicts and develop constructive solutions;
· A service-oriented manager, able to recognise and meet client needs;
· Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities;
· Demonstrated desire for excellence and an ability to inspire others to attain professional excellence;
· Willingness to live, work and travel in developing/post-crisis settings;
· Good sense of humour, personable and demonstrated ability to build networks;
· Entrepreneurial spirit; ;
· Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
· MAGENTA has a flexible working policy which promotes periods of remote working in the year
· Frequent travel is required, around 25% of time.
· May involve working in areas that are remote and lack basic modern infrastructure
MAGENTA is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
How to apply:
Apply before 28 Mar 2022. Applicants should submit a two-page CV and letter of motivation here. The letter of motivation should describe why the applicant wants to join the MAGENTA team, with a specific example of how their experience and skills can enhance MAGENTA’s work.