Gorta, trading as Self Help Africa is now seeking a Risk and Compliance Manager to join our team.
This is a fascinating career opportunity to join a dynamic, growing not-for-profit organisation in a senior role within the Finance team. Working closely with the management team, the role is to provide support to the Gorta entities, to be a trusted advisor and to add value that will assist in key decision making. Critical to success is an ability to communicate their message and deliver information in a timely, clear and user friendly manner. Reporting to the CFOO you will play a key role in risk management, developing and maintaining organisational policies and procedures, and promoting compliance throughout the organisation. The role will involve regular presentations to the Audit Finance and Risk Committee (AFRC) and the Group board and subsidiary boards.
Role responsibilities are:
• Ensure that risk management processes are in line with best practice.
• Promote a culture of risk awareness throughout the organisation and that updating of risk registers at country office and subsidiary company level is carried out on a regular basis.
• Update consolidated group risk register in consultation with senior management and present to AFRC and Group board twice yearly.
Compliance – Policy and advisory
• Ensure that policies and procedures are up to date, fit for purpose and easy to access for all staff and relevant partners
• Ensure internal policies and procedures reflect all relevant donor policies that SHA is subject to
• Ensure that SHA staff and partners are conversant with donor guidelines relevant to their programmes and that compliance is a focus of their work
• Work with the Programme Funding team providing advice and support on new donor programmes and potential new country programmes
• Monitor the capacity of the SHA and partner finance/administration/
logistics staff and disseminate policies and procedures
• Develop content for training workshops on compliance with internal and donor policies and procedures
• Support country management teams and the Finance function in building the capacity of compliance staff by facilitating delivery of training workshops and provision of advice in a mentoring role as required
• Provide advice on the specific compliance implications of humanitarian interventions
• Visit at least one country programme per year (to be scheduled to coincide, where possible, with Programme, Finance or Internal Audit visits)
Compliance – Assurance
• Establish and manage a quarterly compliance reporting system for AFRC and senior management
• Trip reports specific to each country office visit will be prepared and submitted to the AFRC as well as senior management
• Review internal audit reports and statutory management letter audit points and provide management feedback as appropriate
• Ensure due diligence of partner NGOs is carried out systematically and that relevant risks are identified and mitigated before contracting with them.
• Work closely with the Safeguarding Manager to develop and implement a Safeguarding Plan across the organisation
• Present safeguarding updates to the Group and other subsidiary boards.
Compliance comprises an element of a broad range of staff members’ job descriptions.
• Ensure all relevant staff members are aware of their responsibilities re compliance
• Maintain regular contact with relevant staff at country level and ensure they are providing sufficient compliance advice and assurance in their offices
• Liaise with country management teams to ensure that country programmes are receiving the appropriate support from relevant HQ staff
• Provide regular updates to senior management on compliance issues and escalate any issues of concern
How to apply:
For further details and how to apply please follow through to the Self Help Africa website, link provided. Thank you.https://selfhelpafrica.org/ie/risk-compliance-manager-2/