Job Title: REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR TREATMENT EDUCATION LEAD
The International Treatment Preparedness Coalition (ITPC) is a global coalition of PLHIV and community activists working to achieve universal access to optimal HIV, HCV and TB treatment of those in need. Formed in 2003 by a group of 125 HIV activists from 65 countries at a meeting in Cape Town, ITPC actively advocates for treatment access in eight regions across the globe. ITPC believes that the fight for treatment remains one of the most significant global social justice issues.
The project Use of TRIPS Flexibilities to Increase Affordability of Treatment for HIV, Tuberculosis and Hepatitis C Virus in Middle-income Countries aims to address a critical gap in the global HIV response: access in some LMICs and in UMICs to newer, optimized antiretrovirals (ARVs) for preventing and treating HIV. Access to newer medicines that can cure tuberculosis (TB) and hepatitis C virus (HCV), two common, dangerous coinfections, among people living with HIV, is also necessary. **
ITPC Global is seeking a Treatment Education Lead to provide support of demand creation, CABs and global communication campaign activities within Make Medicines Affordable campaign.
Consultant/Agency Scope of Work and Deliverables
ITPC is seeking Treatment Education Lead consultant to:
· Develop and support the dissemination/ operationalization of a community resource on HIV pipeline and access;
· Facilitate webinars on HIV, Hepatitis C, TB and COVID-19 treatment literacy;
· Develop and deliver presentations for webinars and online meetings;
· Contribute to grant-writing efforts;
- Provide strategic contribution to MMA Global communication campaign;
- Provide technical support for execution of the community advisory boards (CABs).
- Analytical writing on topic requested by ITPC Global.
- Any other scientific and technical support as requested by ITPC Global.
Duration of Consultancy
· 15 February 2022 to 31 August 2022
Education & Experience Requirements
· Minimum 7-8 years relevant experience in collecting and analyzing data, producing quality reports and articles for nonprofit, philanthropic sector or related field is required;
· Graduate degree is preferred;
· Advanced computer experience is required – MS Office: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint, and Adobe;
· Interest, experience, and/or academic training in HIV/AIDS, HCV, TB and/or public health;
· Experience working on access to medicines topics, knowledge of HIV, HCV, TB drug markets, impact assessment methodology.
Compensation shall be provided in partial payments on a monthly basis for work completed, satisfactory to ITPC’s quality of service, with total amount of days to be covered not exceeding 101 days. Payment will be made within 30 days upon delivery of the monthly invoice.**
How to apply:
Send a Technical and Financial Proposal that should consist of at least the following documents:
(ii) Quote indicating daily rate or total budget (in USD) (in separate file attachment called “Financial Proposal” or in the body of email);
(iii) Cover letter with description of approach to the work and/or any other deemed useful by potential consultant/agency information (optional).
to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Treatment Education Lead – Application: Name” by 9 February 2022 23:59 SAST.