Job Title: Protection Cluster Roving Field Coordination Advisor ( Re-advertisement)
About the Protection Cluster
The South Sudan Protection Cluster (PC) works in-country as a platform for dialogue and coordination amongst the over 70 organizations that carry out protection-related activities across South Sudan. The PC functions as part of the IASC Cluster approach in humanitarian action. Member organizations include humanitarian actors from UN agencies, international NGOs, and national NGOs working on issues related to community protection, gender-based violence, child protection, protection of civilians, rule of law, mine action, and housing, land and property (HLP), among others. According to the 2021 Humanitarian Response Plan for South Sudan, 78 Protection Cluster partner organisations are targeting 2.6 million people in need of protection assistance, for a total budget of 99 million USD.
About the role
The Protection Cluster Roving Field Coordination Advisor’s main role is to provide support to operational field coordination to enhance protection response in the most sensitive and critical crises. This includes enhancing support to localization through strengthening capacity of INGOs in Cluster coordination, and support to the cluster coordination team on streamlining communication and coordination between the national level cluster and state and deep-field clusters, including on mobile capacity. The RFCA is expected to spend about 33% of her/his time in the field.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Provide coordination, advice and guidance to ensure coordination and information exchange between national cluster and field clusters;
- Support protection cluster by contributing to the development of and monitoring implementation of strategic documents (HNO/HRP, cluster strategy and action plan, etc) and objectives as delegated by the Cluster Coordinator and Co-Coordinator, where relevant;
- Advise and assist protection partners in the field in enhancing the coordination of the protection response by providing practical guidance and technical support to field partners – including supporting the identification and strengthening / training of suitable focal point organizations;
- Provide capacity-building to the partners on protection and response coordination;
- Advise and support field partners in developing and conducting effective local advocacy.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Post graduate degree in international law, social sciences or related field;
- Minimum of 3-5 years solid experience working on protection related issues in humanitarian emergencies, such as field coordination, programme management and/or provision of technical advice to field teams;
- Excellent understanding of protection issues in emergency and displacement situations;
- Detailed knowledge of humanitarian and protection principles, guidelines for humanitarian assistance;
- Sound understanding of and experience in working with protection cluster or sector coordination;
- Strong coordination, representation skills and inter-personal skills, working well both in teams and independently.
This is a re-advertisement, candidates who previously applied are requested not to re-apply!
How to apply:
To apply please click on the link below