Title: Project Support Intern**
Vacancy No: CPH/VN/2022/015
Duty Station: Copenhagen, Denmark**
Duration: Six months **
Contract Type: Internship**
Start Date: May 2022
Closing Date of Applications: 27 March 2022 Midnight CET
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering a Digital Operations Internship within the Digital Marketing, Data and Analysis team (DMDAT) in Supporter Engagement Section in our Copenhagen Headquarters in Denmark.
In more than six decades, the agency has helped tens of millions of people restart their lives. Today, a staff of some 8,600 people in more than 125 countries to help some 33.9 million persons.
UNHCR’s Supporter Engagement Section (SES) is part of the wider Division of External Relations (DER) section. This role is part of the DMDAT positioned within SES. One of the core objectives of this team is to help the organisation to accelerate public engagement and audience growth from digital channels, and contribute to the One Billion dollar strategy which consists in raising $1 billion USD from the private sector each year by 2025 and engaging with 25 million people in support of the refugee cause.
The DMDAT oversees the activities of UNHCR’s digital presence globally and ensures our core audiences are delivered high-quality user experience that helps each business unit within UNHCR meet its objectives (fundraising, advocacy, engagement).
DMDAT is seeking a dynamic, skilled and proactive intern who will support project management office to ensure timely support on projects related to fundraising activities.
This internship is a unique opportunity to gain experience within project management, resource management, reporting, data gathering and practical aspects of administrative processes within the UN system.
The Project Support Intern will be working under the supervision Senior Digital Engagement Officer and work closely with Assistant Project Management Officer and in close cooperation with the rest of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Intern’s duties and responsibilities will include:
• Assisting in coordinating and managing the section’s digital platform on SharePoint;
• Assisting in providing administrative, financial and organizational support to external consultants (travels, invoicing, contract renewal);
• Assisting in identifying and managing the necessary resources to implement projects activities;
• Organizing weekly team meetings and ad hoc meetings (Book room, coordinate agenda, send invitation, take notes);
• Assisting in organization of events and workshops with external and internal participants;
• Creating and editing presentation, reports and other documents in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats;
• Providing day-to-day support to the operational work of the Section; and
• Performing any other necessary duties.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a strong communicator with fluency in English (advanced writing and editing skills);
• Demonstrate ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff;
• Have excellent organizational and planning skills with proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task;
• Demonstrate ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs;
• Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies; and
• Demonstrate ability to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
Desirable skills and experience:
• Knowledge of a second UN language (Arabic/Chinese/French/Russian/Spanish);
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of financial, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures.
In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Be a recent graduate (those persons who completed their studies within one year of applying) or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO.
• Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to work of the Organization.
• An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship.
Location and Conditions
The successful candidate will be based with the team in the UN City in Copenhagen, Denmark. The internship is a six-month full-time role with 40 working hours per week, from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday. The start date is to be determined in accordance with the measures adopted by the Danish government and guidance of UNHCR regarding the COVID-19 situation. Depending on the circumstances, there is a possibility the successful candidate will perform certain duties remotely and/or from at home.
Obtaining and renewing current visas and residence permits including all associated costs, are the responsibility of the intern. Please note that the terms of internship, as defined by UNHCR practice, include the payment of a Food and Local Transportation Allowance (FLTA). In case the intern is sponsored by another source during the internship this will be deducted from the FLTA.
Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against Covid-19.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply online through the MSRP Portal with a Letter of Interest
· Job Opening ID 34517: Project Support Intern
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
For any technical problems encountered during the online application, please contact the Global Service Desk at HQUSSD@unhcr.org by allowing sufficient time for the resolution of issue.
The deadline for applications is 27 March 2022 midnight (CET, Central European Time).