Job Title: Project Officer
The Project Officer is responsible for the operation and implementation of CSU Project produces documentation, and coordinates and disseminates information in support of the project. He will manage / coordinate the training, placement and see to their employment.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Identification and Mobilization
• Identify and mobilize persons with disabilities in the refugee and host communities;
• Oversee rehabilitation
• Work with families to support their family members with Disabilities and raise awareness of disability issues;
• Involve communities and Persons with Disabilities in the planning and implementation of community and project activities;
2. Placement and Training;
· Conduct training needs assessment of beneficiaries in collaboration with the Project Manager and other field teams
· Offer career guidance and enrolment
- Identify and contact potential employers in public, private, NGO or the government sector and establish linkages for training, placement, apprenticeship, job shadowing working closely with the training officer.
- Plan and organize various training programmes for beneficiaries on wage and self-employment either through the LRC or via external institutions – specifically catering to job-oriented courses
- Develop inventory of resource institutions and resource persons to carry out various training in and out
- Plan and organize training programmes – Pre-vocational and vocational training;
- Work with the Project Manager and training institutes to adapt the trainings to meet the needs of beneficiaries with different backgrounds including disability, gender, youth, refugees among others
- Develop and conduct life skills, basic IT skills and communication skill sessions for the beneficiaries.
- Establish linkages with financial institutions, MFIs and government departments for training, placement, apprenticeship and job shadowing.
· Collect information on various livelihoods and career /job opportunities available in various sectors and create a database of the same.
· Work with the project manager in employment profiling of each candidate and placement
· Identify and contact potential employers in public, private, NGO or the government sector and establish linkages for training, placement, apprenticeship, job shadowing working closely with the training officer.
· Refer trainees to suitable vacancies
· Provide regular follow-up with candidates and employers to ensure successful placements.
· Provide regular follow-up with self employed trainees and provide support as needed
· Manage start-up and grants for trained persons with disabilities
· Map and Identify existing social protection schemes and link them to Persons with Disabilities
· Liaise with families of persons with disabilities to support transition from training to employment
· Maintains the project’s pipeline of activities throughout the year, including tracking of allocation targets.
· Files documents according to the required protocol.
· Acts as gatekeeper of the project’s documents to ensure that key documents are available and accessible.
· Using available resources and applications retrieves and aggregates project information in support of the project’s reporting requirements.
· Generates and provides information as requested, often on an urgent basis, for both internal and external audiences.
• Prepare and submit monthly progress report;
• Adhere to Safeguarding policies and related policies and standards
• Identify, report and document cases of safeguarding
• Creating awareness on Safeguarding and child protection for all beneficiaries and in the community.
• Liaise with the safeguarding designate focal person on any emerging safeguarding issues.
• Plan, integrate and implement safeguarding activities.
• Follow up all cases of abuse as well as timely response and resolution of the cases of abuse.
· Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time in the interest of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
(a) Bachelor’s degree in development studies, Social Sciences or related field.
(b) Three (3) years of experience in community development.
(c) Project M&E support and compile/review quality donor reports.
(i) Developing others
(ii) Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity
(v) Strategic networking
(vii) Results orientated
(viii) Managing resources
Knowledge of the local language is desired
· ** Significant experience of financial planning, management, control and reporting
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills (English)
· Computer literacy skills
· Possess excellent interpersonal skills
· Working knowledge of local language is desired
How to apply:
For all positions knowledge of the local area is a requirement
Prospective candidates should get details from www.csuganda.org. or face book account Cheshire Services Uganda and interested candidates should send their cover letter and Resume through email: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Cheshire Services Uganda,
Plot 1833 Kaduyu Road-Kiwatule
P.O BOX 70012, Clock Tower Kampala
Deadline: 5:00pm on Friday 20th January 2022.