Job Title: Project Manager- Maternal & New Born Health
Project Manager (Maternal and Newborn) – Kampala
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for the Project Manager for the Maternal and New Born Health Project in Kampala – Wakiso. The Project Manager will support Save the Children’s focus which will be on improving the quality of care for mothers (particularly those likely to deliver premature/small babies), and small and sick newborns by supporting delivery and institutionalization of evidence-based lifesaving interventions in a network of five health facilities in Kampala. The job holder will work with Save the Children’s field, regional and country offices, but will have leadership responsibility for the overall management of the award. S/he will provide strategic and operational leadership to implement a successful program. The Project Manager will ensure adherence to overall technical and programmatic quality in implementation, compliance with donor rules and regulations, and the timely submission of all deliverables, including annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, reports as required.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
- . Degree in medicine, nursing, public health or a related field, or equivalent job experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in maternal and newborn health programming in Uganda at project management level or with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in all aspects of project management.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and supervision of staff and in building and maintaining a high performing team.
- Experience in promoting social inclusion and gender, including participation in programming, design, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Demonstrated knowledge of grant regulations and policies.
- Exceptional communication and relationship management skills
- Strong quantitative skills, including proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to create compelling, logical presentations and reports, using PowerPoint, Word and other media.
- Commitment to the values and mission of Save the Children.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on 29 December 2021 at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4xMjA4Ny4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20