Organization – Adeso – African Development Solutions, www.adesoafrica.org
Project – Equity Connect Online Platform
Position Type – Project Manager (Consultant)
Position Location – Remote
Duration – 12 Months
Reporting To – Organization Transformation Consultant
Working With – Organization Transformation Consultant
Application Deadline – 23rd March 2022
Vacancy Contact – Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org– Adeso will only respond to short-listed applicants
Adeso is a vibrant African-based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social, and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For over 30 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future. At present, Adeso has programs in Somalia and Kenya.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development**
Over the past ten years, Adeso has developed an intimate understanding of the problems faced by both local and national NGOs on a micro and macro level. Adeso has a strong understanding of the barriers that local organizations face in accessing direct funding from donors and the challenges that donors face in partnering with local organizations.
Equity Connect – an online platform – is a critical component of Adeso’s five-year strategy that is focused on systems change and infrastructure development to support the creation of an ecosystem that supports more democratic and equitable resourcing and the strengthening of Global South civil society.
Equity Connect is a centralized online platform that allows direct donor access to local and national NGOs in the Global South that meet industry standards.
The solution aims to fulfill the following:
Increase visibility of local organizations
Grow funding flows to local organizations
Create linkages for both donors and organizations
BACKGROUND FOR CONSULTANCY
Adeso is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual to join our EquityConnect platform development team to oversee the management of platform development. The person in this role will be responsible for managing the implementation plan, coordination, communication, problem tracking, and reporting of the platform development project.
SCOPE OF WORK
The EquityConnect team seeks a Platform Development Project Manager to lead a process with Adeso and the Philanthropy.io team to oversee the management of the development of the platform. The person responsible should have experience in project management. Experience with technology projects is a plus. They will see oversee the implementation of the project, liaise with all stakeholders, and ensure that everything is on track and within budget, while keeping in mind the overall vision and goals of the platform and how they align with Adeso’s work
People & Process
● Maintains the effectiveness and efficiency of platform development by defining, delivering, and supporting the strategic plan.
● Oversee research in support of platform development by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and business requirements.
● Deliver a successful project by coordinating resources, managing the budget, and controlling timetables with vendors, consultants, partners, and key stakeholders.
● Ensures the integration of sound project management principles and practices into platform development.
● Facilitate team, group problem solving and/or process improvement work.
● Develops and manages a detailed project plan and ensures project scope, team responsibilities, milestone dates are met.
● Creates an internal environment of teamwork, sharing, enthusiasm and mutual respect
● Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing platform standards.
● Effectively coordinate and multi-task across internal and external groups.
● Maintain a project risk/issue log
● Provides leadership and direction to the platform development team so that tasks and activities are coordinated for project scope control, quality control, communication management, change control management, risk management and issue management.
● Communicate using multiple methods (e.g. email, on line meetings/forums, etc.), to keep project participants informed about benefits realization, project progress, issues encountered and impacts to business.
Reporting and documentation
● Support the development of functional and technical requirements and specifications, concept notes, proposals, architecture blueprints and process diagrams, project plans, test plans, etc.;
● Support the development of a practical roadmap to implement necessary capabilities and lead the execution through collaboration and tangible results.
● Create process documentation for implementation and quality validation.
● Develop and manage project reporting cadence with status updates, program reviews, risk mitigation, issues resolution, financial forecast, actual tracking, and resource plan.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
● Fluent in English.
● A recognized project management certification e.g. PMP is preferred
● 3+ years of demonstrated experience managing projects. Technology projects preferred.
● This role calls for a detail-oriented and adaptable individual who can lead a distributed team to deliver complex projects. They should be able to manage multiple workstreams across countries, time zones, and cultures, each with varying levels of existing IT infrastructure.
● Experience managing vendors, subcontractors and partner collaborations;
● Experience with developing prototypes, proofs of concept and minimum viable products;
● Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods
● Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others;
● Strong business analysis and problem solving skills with an ability to identify and manage risks.
● Experience with project management tools and other tech platforms such as Mural, Google Drive, Miro, Zoom etc.
How to apply:
All applications should be sent to email@example.com by 23rd March 2022 with Project Management Consultant on the subject line. The selection committee will review all applications as they arrive and will begin shortlisting qualified candidates immediately. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Each application package should include the following:
An application letter addressing the selection criteria including how the consultant’s previous experience makes them a suitable candidate for this consultancy. The cover letter should answer the following question:
● What is your interpretation and understanding of the needs of this consultancy?
The application letter should also indicate the candidate’s availability. The cover letter should be no longer than 2 pages.
● Links to a portfolio or to past projects/products/platforms which you managed
● Updated CV including relevant work experience and qualifications;
● Contact details of 2 references.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
This position can be based anywhere however the team has core working hours between 9am ET – 2pm ET.
Adeso is an equal opportunity employer.