Job Title: Programs Manager
Sayara International is hiring an experienced Program Manager to join its growing Sudan team. Candidates must be either based in Khartoum already, or willing to relocate there to take up this position.
Position Description: **
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Sudan Country Director the Program Manager will be responsible for managing the implementation of the Sayara’s programs in Sudan. From Sayara’s Khartoum office, they will be responsible for the successful implementation of projects through. This is a management position, and the incumbent will line manage all programmatic staff including hire/fire authority.
The Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing business development processes internal to the Sudan Office with close liaison with Sayara’s global business development resources.
About Sayara International: **
Sayara International is a global development company that specialises in the design and implementation of rigorous research, social and behaviour change communications, approaches to countering disinformation, governance strategies, and innovative programming in fragile, conflict-affected, and transitioning societies. Founded in 2003, Sayara operates in more than 30 countries across Africa, Central Asia, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Latin America and the Caribbean.
We provide services in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL); media monitoring; social and behaviour change communications (SBCC); stabilisation and sub-national governance; gender studies and Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG); migration, displacement, and countering people smuggling and trafficking; and youth and education.
Find out more about Sayara International:
Facebook – Sayara International: https://www.facebook.com/sayarainternational
Facebook – Sayara Sudan: https://www.facebook.com/SayaraSudan
- Oversee day-to-day management of programs,
- Line manage programmatic human resources, ensuring those resources are fit for purpose at all times, to include technical staff and consultants supporting interventions, and proposal development
- Assign duties to staff, oversee workloads, and provide ongoing support to ensure that staff have the tools and capacities necessary to succeed.
- Manage budgets and facilitate budget approvals and revision processes as per Sayara policies and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate programmatic and accounting documentation as required by Sayara and preparation of required financial reports. Facilitate transparent financial management that is able to stand up to regular audits and evaluation.
- Approve requisitions, follow up on purchase orders and payment requests in Sayara systems and other relevant systems (such as those of our clients), and ensure monthly delivery of program outputs.
- Prepare workplans and produce timely reports (both financial and program progress reports), as required by HQ and client reporting systems.
- Ensure that Sayara rules and regulations concerning finance, procurement, and human resources are adhered to in close collaboration with the Operations Manager.
- Support an environment of learning for staff within the programs.
Desired Qualifications/ Skills:
- Minimum Master’s degree (B.A. with significant relevant prior experience may be considered) in social science, political science, international affairs, development, or other relevant field.
- Experience conducting fieldwork and applying research to support practical outcomes.
- Experience writing user-friendly, evidence-based reports for use in development programs.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation (humanitarian work and/or development programs).
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision and to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work long hours when needed and to take on tasks that may be outside the express Terms of Reference.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage appropriately with various audiences.
- English language writing skills (a writing exercise will be part of the interview).
Location & Travel:
Sayara seeks a candidate who will be willing to relocate and be based in Khartoum, Sudan. Travel throughout the country may be required (depending on COVID-19 safety measures).
The Program Manager will be offered a one (1) year employment contract, with a four (4) month probation period and the option for renewal, based on the discretion of, and mutual agreement between Sayara and the Program and Research Manager.
How to apply:
Interested applicants must submit their CV along with a motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use “Programs Manager- SDN09134” as the subject line of your email.