Job Title: Programme Manager – Syria
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Programme Manager
Duty station: Damascus, with field visits to other field bases
Starting date: 03/01/2022
Contract duration: Until 30.06.2022
Reporting to: Programme Coordinator
Supervision of: 5 – 6 national staff
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
The projects aim at reducing exposure to life-threatening risks of the most vulnerable crisis-affected communities in Syria through an integrated health and protection response. Specifically, the Action will improve the access to quality and dignified protection and health services for extremely vulnerable women, men, boys and girls, including persons at risk and survivors of gender-based violence (GBV), in Hama and Rural Damascus governorates
General purpose of the position
In close collaboration with the Coordination team, support the mission in programme implementation, MEAL, procurement and financial management. Coordinate, in close collaboration with Head of Mission, with Country Programme Coordinator, relevant Program Managers and Technical Coordinators (Protection and Health) operations and projects activities with regular follow-up of OCHA, ECHO and SV projects.
The Programme Manager will also support a tailored capacity building for national Project Managers working in the same sectors of interventions.
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Preparing regularly update of project activities work-plan and related financial plan, ensuring timely and quality implemetation in compliance with INTERSOS and donor guidelines and in line with the projects and overall protection and health strategies
• Steer and supervise the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programmes in collaboration with the team, by collecting information and comparing it with the objectives, schedule in order to monitor progression and early detect deviations and propose corrections
• Provide reporting to the SMT on project’s evolution and propose corrections if needed
• Elaborate the Project’s institutional memory, keeping written records (and file them) on its development, in order to broadcast INTERSOS achievements and improve awareness
• In coordination with the HR department and relevant Coordinators, distribute tasks and workload among the teams, guiding their comprehension of the issues linked to the projects and the Mission through regular working meetings and feedback, in order to ensure an efficient deployment of the resources and the achievement of the expected goals
• Inform the field team on the instructions given by the SMT, promoting fluent, smooth written and oral communication and information flow and ensuring confidentiality and full compliance with security rules
• Supervise full implementation of safety protocols in order to ensure safe working conditions for the project staffs
• Responsible of the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff’s development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he/she is accountable for
• Responsible for ensuring that the project staff, with the support of key protection staff, is duly trained on INTERSOS PSEA/CP Policies and that PSEA/CP Policy roll-out is implemented in the area of responsibility Ensure the project’s staff respect INTERSOS rules and regulations,and adheres to INTERSOS Fundamental Charter Values and Code of Ethics, PSEA and CP Policies
• In coordination with the HR department and relevant Managers, identify training needs, building the capacity, coordinate, supervise and motivate the staffs, supports ad hoc training sessions and on-the-job training, provide individual follow up and coaching, carry out end of mission evaluation of the team members and lead internal communication initiatives in order to facilitate people’s integration and professional development and to capabilities and commitment to INTERSOS values and project’s goals• Supervise all orders (logistical and medical) and the Project’s purchases as well as the financial indicators, in order ensure efficiency and early detect deviations and its causes
• Constantly monitor financial supervision of expenditure
• Produce monthly internal specific report and elaborate mid-term and final report according to donors rules and regulation and INTERSOS Project Appraisal Tool, ensuring accurate data collection and timely submission
• Ensure accurate data collection and reports are submitted in a timely manner for all activities within the project
• Periodic field visit to the project locations to ensure the quality of the intervention in compliance with the internal and donors’ standard
• Guarantees close coordination and interaction with the other Project Managers and Technical coordinators (Protection and Medical) deployed in the mission, in order to ensure harmonization of modalities of implementation, tools, approaches etc
Required profile and experience
Advanced degree in social science, humanitarian studies or any related field
At least 3 years of direct professional experience working as project manager on humanitarian project/programme, including financial management responsibilities.
Demonstrate minimum 2 years experience in the implementation of multi-sector humanitarian programming in complex emergencies
Experience in protection is an added value
Experience with ECHO projects is an added value
Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks (well organized)
Ability to plan ahead and result oriented (pro-active)
Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment (stress-resilient)
Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
Excellent written and spoken English**
Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
Practical and problem-solver
Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/61923677b7595c001e882a46/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform – i.e. if and only if it is impossible to submit the requested files through the adequate channel – you will be allowed to submit your CV and Motivation Letter (both in PDF version) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ” Platform issue – SR-53-2205– Programme Manager”. Please, bear in mind this is an exceptional measure, as there are allocated channels created for every job opening, which will make this process quicker and easier.
Please note that any application submitted via e-mail may take longer than our standard terms to be processed.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.