JOB TITLE: Program Impact and Learning Analyst
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Unit/ Programme Development and Quality LOCATION: Sana’a, with frequent travel to Yemen Field Offices
GRADE: 3 POST TYPE: International – Fixed term – 12 months
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The overall responsibility of the Program Impact and Learning Analyst will be to provide strategic guidance, vision, and management of successful high-level analysis, learning and evidence generation for the Yemen response. Specific responsibility will include ensuring an integrated measurement and demonstrate our impact on children, adolescents and youth, increase quality in our programming aimed at helping us be accountable to children and key stakeholders.
Other functions within the Program Impact and Learning Analyst will be focussed on provision of strong analytical approach on evidence towards measuring the impact of SCI interventions. The tasks will focus on designing and maintenance of impact measurement approaches, development of results architecture, facilitating the implementation of the results-based management protocols, and ensure roll-out of programme measurement strategies.
The Program Impact and Learning Analyst oversees all empirical evidence generation initiatives, provides technical support for accurate reporting of results and impact for the overall response. He/She will be working closely with technical advisers and specialists to lead implementation of the learning strategy defined for Yemen country programme and produce quality learning products on technical the evidence and impact of SC’s technical approaches being implemented. Specifically, the Impact and Learning Analyst will ensure compliance with SCI’s existing accountability standards, develop and implement processes for collecting, managing and institutionalizing program knowledge, and will lead on the implementation of the impact measurement agenda.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Programme impact analysis through systematic evaluation, review and results measurement
* Commitment to applied learning and adaptation based on data: Lead the program team on routine reviews and interpretation of data for learning and adaptation; package and disseminate timely findings in a meaningful way.
* Lead in the development and piloting of all results measurement tools and protocols.
* Lead on developing methodologies, tools and approaches for measuring project short term and long-term progress.
* Ensuring that participatory methodologies are utilized (in results measurement) which includes development, defining, tracking, analysis of metrics and reporting.
* Lead on developing evidence generation approaches and frameworks.
* Develop and integrate impact measurement plans against project milestones that will help measure and forecast progress aligned to programme interventions.
* Working with Programme quality and development unit advisors, the analyst will help set out the framework, procedures and terms of reference for external evaluations and impact measurement.
* Lead in the identification of programme and operation needs for review during programme operations, and awards review meetings with an aim of updating the learning strategy and country needs analysis.
* Responsible for developing quarterly learning analysis.
* Lead efforts to re-evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to help inform decision-making.
* Implementation of the country learning agenda as outlined in the action plan for the Yemen learning Country Assessment document.
Monitoring and Evaluation
* Analyze and provide reviews on project activities progress as aligned with the indicators progress tracking tables to ensure synergies within program and area offices.
* Develop and oversee data flow framework for the country office as tied to the MEAL ways of working, that will ensure timely data collection and reporting.
* Ensure that the country office is enabled to deliver on all internal and external requirements in a timely manner.
* Identify and report on opportunities, lessons learned and implications for the programme next steps or areas of action.
* Identify and design trainings for SC staff and including our partners, as appropriate, on at least a quarterly basis.
* Undertake tailored trainings and supportive supervision of all partners in MEAL, programme and operation units.
* Ensure that lessons learned are consistently identified and integrated into the program implementation to continuously improve the quality of interventions and outcomes.
* Ensure metanalysis of assessments and evaluation in accordance with SCI evaluation guidelines, procedures and practices with an aim of ensuring improved evaluation score.
* Lead in ensuring knowledge building and management amongst internal units including partners with an aim of improving capacity of staff.
Data Quality Assurance
* Conduct and manage routine Data Quality Assessments (DQA); ensuring implementation of corrective actions to improve data quality and accountability of staff and partners
* Lead on data quality assessment through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits.
* Responsible for calculation and reporting of SCI Global Indicators
* Monitor MEAL activities implementation risks and review strategies to mitigate those risks.
Information sharing, Accountability & Participation
* Ensure that staff at all levels, including senior managers and directors, understand and promote accountability to beneficiaries, and to children in particular, through training and coaching.
* Oversee the Yemen Programme accountability system for staff, partners and beneficiaries in line with existing policies and procedures to enhance effective accountability for SCI and Partners.
* In consultation with partners, provide technical support on strengthening and establishing beneficiary and partners accountability systems across all programmes in line with the SC policies and Accountability Framework including child safe guarding policy.
* Together with partners ensure that the systems are designed to respond to the beneficiaries’ needs and are contextually relevant.
* Support and facilitate strategic planning processes, including strategy development, annual planning and reporting, and support CSP.
* Working closely with Programme Development and Quality director support coordination of Country strategic Plan and ensure monitoring of the strategy, learning and improving programme quality.
* Support compilation and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data in line with strategic priorities
* Responsible for designing and setting up technological solutions to data gathering and analysis.
* Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding policy, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
* Contribute to ensuring that programme’s delivery happens in strict adherence to security policy and procedures.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
* Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
* Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
* Creates a managerial environment across the country to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
* Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
* Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
* Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
* Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
* Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
* Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
* Displays consistent excellent judgement
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
* Education to University degree level (Masters preferred) in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience.
* Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data, and packaging the findings in form of learning reports/synthesis.
* Significant experience in emergency response and fragile state contexts.
* Experience in social research, both qualitative and quantitative methods, analysis and report writing.
* Solid experience in programme management, design, monitoring, and learning and evaluation methodologies (qualitative and quantitative), database development and management.
* The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
* Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands-on implementation capacity.
* Ability to facilitate/conduct large technical trainings for staff.
* Very good knowledge and experience in development, set up and use of data and information management systems and tools
* Experience & knowledge of social research analysis software (both qualitative and quantitative, examples SPSS, Stata, NVIVO, MAXQDA, R etc). Should have, at least 7 years progressive experience with statistical packages, qualitative data analysis software and IT applications to support MEAL and knowledge management.
* Demonstrable experience of leading mixed methods (qualitative and quantitative) research, confidence with research and fieldwork techniques and a range of analysis
* A high level of written and spoken English.
* Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
* Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant contexts.
* Great inter-personal and teamwork skills.
* Great expertise in the utilization of gender and disability sensitive indicators.
* Experience in supporting the roll out of online data management system.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS5hbGF0LjA0NTU5LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ