Job Title: Programme Development Manager – UNGO Jobs
Program Development Manager – Kampala
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for the, Program Development Manager at our Country Office, in Muyenga. The Programme Development Manager is a position within the Programme Development and Quality Team. The Programme Development Manager will identify and track donor opportunities and coordinate proposal development for strategic funding opportunities. In addition, they will support the Head of Programme Development to develop fundraising strategies and donor engagement plans. The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and innovative and analytical thinking and creativity to package our Programme strategies to attract the proper donor support and grow our portfolio effectively. S/He will write sections of proposals that speak to our overall capabilities, while coordinating the input of internal and external stakeholders including technical advisors, Operations, Finance, HR and Security into proposals and budgets. The post covers both development and refugee response programming. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
- Development and/or Business Development professional with a relevant Masters’ Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 3 years’ experience emergency and/or development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, protection, child rights governance, and health and nutrition
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, and pull together input from a diverse team.
- Excellent writing/editing, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners.
- Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million dollar project budgets.
- Proven representation skills.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to work flexibily and long hours in the event of a humanitarian emergency
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on January 25th 2022 at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS41Mjk5My4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20