Job Title: Programme Development Consultant
HI Iraq – Programme Development Consultant
Start date: 31st January 2022
End date: 30th April 2022 (with possibility of extension) **
Expected no of days: 45-60 days
Place of performance: Erbil or Baghdad, Iraq **
1. ABOUT HI
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3,500 employees worldwide. HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers. For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
HI has been registered and operational in Iraq since 1991 and has become a lead implementing agency in the emergency response in the Health and Protection sectors. Since 2014, HI has scaled up its intervention in Iraq to respond to the humanitarian needs generated by the IS occupation, subsequent military operations and the widespread displacement of Iraqi populations.
In line with HI Iraq’s Operational Strategy for the period 2020-2022, the objective of HI’s programming in Iraq is to increase access to services and resources for specialized needs and conflict affected communities in Iraq; an objective achieved through an operational framework of three central pillars:
Protection: Reduce the impact of the Conventional Weapon (CW) and Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) for conflict-affected populations through risk education, land release and access to victim assistance services;
Health: Improve access to specific services for the most vulnerable people whose physical and functional and/or psychological integrity is compromised, through the provision of physical rehabilitation and Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services and support to local stakeholders;
Social Inclusion: Ensure equal access to essential services, protection and basic needs for all conflict-affected populations, including persons with disabilities, and support to inclusive economic practices and interventions.
HI Iraq is currently expanding its development portfolio in Iraq to support the shift from a humanitarian response to recovery and development programming. To support these efforts, HI Iraq is seeking a consultant to deliver a number of key strategic plans and actions.
3. DESCRIPTION OF THE EXPECTED SERVICE
Working closely with HI Iraq’s senior management team, the Consultant will carry out the following responsibilities:
- In coordination with the Development Working Group, develop a new fundraising strategy and action plan for the mission
Produce a summary of needs and gaps within HI Iraq’s programmatic areas to identify potential for new interventions, needs assessments, and funding opportunities
Map relevant donors’ strategies and priorities, and development initiatives of other organizations (NGOs, UN agencies and government)
Engage with donors to identify areas of mutual interest for further engagement and support relationships with strategic donors and partners
In coordination with HI’s technical and project teams, lead proposal and concept note writing in accordance with HI’s proposal writing process and tools and in compliance with donors guidelines and expectations, including logical frameworks, MEAL plan, context and needs analysis, planning, staffing and budgeting
Identify and develop potential partnership opportunities for large-scale projects (e.g. consortiums, multi- country projects)
In coordination with the Partnerships Working Group, identify potential local partners and develop Local Partnership packages covering capacity assessment and enhancement and partnership management and contracting
· In coordination with the Communications Officer, develop a communication strategy and action plans for HI’s Iraq mission to better communicate HI’s work to external
· As required, support the Grants Team with grants management input such as donor reporting, monitoring and compliance
Exact deliverables, work plan and payment plan will be developed with the Consultant during the contracting stage.
4. CONSULTANT’S PROFILE
The following skills and experience are required:
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project development and donor relationship management (including experience in consortium development)
· Experience working with international NGOs
· Experience of providing context, needs and donor analysis
· Experience of working in Iraq or wider Middle East region
· Experience working in one or more of HI’s programmatic areas: Health, Humanitarian Mine Action, Livelihoods, Inclusive governance and civil society, Inclusion mainstreaming
· Strong analytical and writing skills
· Excellent communication and representation skills
· Self-starter with excellent team working skills
Languages required: English
5. DURATION AND PLACE OF PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE
· The starting date of the contract will be on the 31st of January 2022 and the end date on the 30th of April 2022. Depending on the need at the end of the contract term, the contract may be extended following mutual agreement.
· It is envisaged that the Consultant will require sufficient face time with relevant HI staff, in order to carry out the services. The place of performance will therefor need to be in either Erbil or Baghdad, Iraq, and HI can provide office space for the Consultant in secure locations.
· The Consultant will be responsible for his/her own accommodation, transportation, visa, insurance and security.
6. CONTACT PERSON
During the performance of the service, the consultant will be required to work in liaison with Handicap International’s teams, and notably with the Country Operations Manager, who will be his/her contact person.
7. SELECTION CRITERIA
The selection process for candidates will be based on the following criteria:
- Candidate’s skills and experience as relevant to the key deliverables
- Candidate’s demonstrated experience in writing successful project proposals
- Candidate’s cost proposal in relation to their qualifications and experience
How to apply:
1. SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
To apply for this opportunity, please submit the following to email@example.com no later than January 24th, 2021 at 23:59 Iraq time:
CV of the Consultant
Summary of similar services provided before, including examples of successful proposals
Details of day rate and availability
Further information and or any queries that you may have can be directed to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any communication / request of information / submission of application, please clearly indicate “Programme Development Consultant” in the email subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidate(s) will be contacted / interviewed.
Dear Bidders :
Handicap International in Iraq is seeking to hire a consultant to support the mission in proposal development following the conditions explained in the attached ToR, you are kindly invited to submit your offer following the procedure mentioned in the ToR in order to participate in the quotation request. Please note that the deadline of receiving the bids will be 24th of January 2022 by the end of the day.
Bids shall be received only on the following email: email@example.com