THE ASIA FOUNDATION PHILIPPINES
TITLE: Program Officer
UNIT: Economic Reform – Coalitions for Change
REPORTS TO: CfC Strategic Advisor
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Officer supports the effective implementation of activities intended to introduce economic reforms to improve developmental outcomes in the Philippines.
The Program Officers works to ensure effective planning, implementation, and monitoring of economic reform activities under the Coalitions for Change (CfC) program, a partnership of The Asia Foundation and Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. S/he will help develop an innovative and entrepreneurial approach in expanding the Foundation’s Economic Reform program, including helping identify emerging issues and new opportunities for possible programming.
The Program Officer coordinates and engages with partners, CfC Strategic Advisor, CfC Program Leader and Team, other economic reform program staff, other CfC staff, senior management, Finance staff, and other Foundation staff. H/She develops workplans and progress reports, drafts letters of agreement and contract, supervises financial management, and other tasks necessary for successful project implementation.
Extensive interaction with Strategic Advisor, Senior Program Officer for Economic Reform, and reform program staff, CfC Program Management Team, Finance, Administration and Grants units, as well as staff based in other Asia Foundation offices and the headquarters in San Francisco, California.
Extensive interaction with grantees, consultants, civil society organizations, and government partners pursuing transformative reforms. Occasional interaction with Australian Embassy staff, evaluators, and advisors of CfC.
• At least three years of professional experience with an undergraduate and/or master’s degree in the field of Economics, Social Science, Governance, or Public Management.
• Knowledge of the Philippine economic issues and political economy, academic institutions, think tanks, NGO community and government agencies strongly preferred
• Experience in project monitoring, financial and grants management and budget control, strategic planning, and managing development projects
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficient in verbal and written communication skills in both English and Filipino
• Strong time-management skills and professional organizational abilities
• Proven interpersonal and intercultural skills
The Program Officer will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
• Under the guidance of the Strategic Advisor and the CfC Economic Senior Program officer and working with the reform team, management, plan, implement, and monitor assigned program areas
• Forge good working relationships with partners working in the assigned area.
• Develop mechanisms for effective reporting of activities and other updates from the program areas and implementors/grantees
• Ensure that activities and program are implemented in accordance with the Australian Embassy and TAF rules and regulations
• Ensure all program activities and reports are delivered at high quality, making the most effective and efficient use of program resources
• Provide program management coaching and assistance to partners/grantees as they implement program activities
• Network with organizations working on the same program area
• Contribute to the development of concept papers and proposals
• Keep track and support in the management of project budget and expenditures
• Support in managing Assistant Program Officers (APOs) and interns
• Monitor the implementation of grants and activities for CfC in coordination with TAF Sub-Awards and Audit Team
• Develop presentation materials including briefers for TAF trainings, meetings, and workshops
• Participate in strategy formulation
• Represent the Foundation in economic reform meetings in the absence of the Strategic Advisor
• May have some human resources responsibilities for direct reports such as coaching, control, and corrective measures
• Prepare grant agreements, contracts, and budgets and when required process amendments in a timely manner
• Track programmatic and financial progress and troubleshoot implementation problems
• Assist in developing guidelines, tools, and reporting forms for effective monitoring, evaluation, and learning of the program
• Prepare progress reports, workplans, and other reports for donors and contribute to proposal-writing processes as and when required
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders to obtain information and data relating to programs being developed or those currently in implementation to suggest to the line management project amendments or/and for the development of project ideas and concepts
• Provides support to other ongoing programs and activities of the Foundation as may be necessary and requested
• Manage relationship with INGOs, NGOs, local government units/officials and other branches of government
• Other job responsibilities as may be assigned by the Strategic Advisor and/or Program Leader
Jaime Faustino (June 2020)
How to apply:
This is for a hybrid work set-up (Remote and Mandaluyong City).
For more information on this post, you may find the Job Description here: https://tinyurl.com/TAFPH-ProjectOpportunities
Accomplish and/or send your The Asia Foundation Application Form (https://tinyurl.com/TAFAppForm2022), Resume, and other supporting documents to recruitmentPH@asiafoundation.org on or before 4 PM on 27 April 2022.