Job Title: Program Manager I-Emergency Venezuela
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will provide accompaniment to Caritas Venezuela in designing and implementing projects, advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that Caritas Venezuela delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming.
Required Languages – Professional level Spanish is required
Travel – Based in Venezuela, with occasional travel to the dioceses, and outside the country for visa renewal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Knowledge of emergency standards including SPHERE and CHS.
- Capacity to work closely with, understand, and support local Church partners. Knowledge of CI mechanism is an advantage.
- Strong relationship management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Ability to work long hours in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills to meet donors’ requirements.
- Project management experience in CRS Security Level III environments is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations and in accompanying local partner led programming. Experience in local partner capacity strengthening a plus.
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Experience with finance is preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Finance Officer
Key Working Relationships:
- EMPOWER TA II (supervisor)
- Other HRD Team Members – Technical Advisors (Cash, Shelter, WASH, Protection Mainstreaming, Emergency Program Quality and Management, Operations)
Caritas Venezuela leadership, staff and volunteers, Other Caritas International Member Organization representatives in country or supporting remotely, Venezuela Focal Point at the CI General Secretariat, Representatives of other NGOs, UN and International Agencies operating in Venezuela.
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or relevant field required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing light to moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability & Stewardship
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
*Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.*** Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination. CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm. CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.