Creative Associates International is a dynamic and fast-growing professional service firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions, and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 30 plus countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Technical Assistance Program (TAP), funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is a five-year education and youth program that seeks to transform the organizational culture and improve the abilities within the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Youth to ensure officials can implement desired reforms. Creative and its partners will provide technical assistance in the development, roll-out, and tracking of policies and procedures to incorporate international best practices for public education and youth programming. Among the many activities in the Jordan Technical Assistance Program, it will support curriculum development, promote inclusive learning techniques, improve the skills of teachers and school managers, and other tangible activities that ultimately support changing the organizational culture within the two ministries and relevant agencies. The program will further support Jordan’s outreach and behavioral change communications initiatives that are aimed at creating a culture of reading, the inclusion of vulnerable children, and increased youth engagement.**
TAP is seeking applicants for a one-year embedded program coordinator with the possibility of extension, expecting to start ASAP. The position will be based at the Ministry of Education Development Coordination Unit (DCU).
TAP anticipates the embedded program coordinator will support DCU in coordinating and harmonizing the education sector work among the multiple donors and partners. In addition to monitoring and reporting of programs and projects supported by the donors to ensure better alignment with Education Strategic Plan (ESP) objectives and targets.**
Providing technical assistance and embedded support to coordinate multi-donor programs across the Ministry of Education by:
· Support DCU in coordinating and managing the implementation of programs and projects internally, among partners and donors, to ensure that parallel activities are synchronized without duplication of efforts.
· Develop a data collection template to monitor the progress of the different programs and projects.
· Develop a reporting schedule that shows precise reporting requirements, a timeline for completing initial and final reports, and mid-term and end-of-project evaluations.
· Monitor and document the implementation progress towards the planned activities, work plans, and indicators.
· Produce and share monthly and quarterly reports for all programs and projects highlighting progress, challenges, lessons learned, and recommendations.
· Coordinate with the different implementation units within MOE and facilitate, when necessary, meetings or coordination arrangements with other partners and donors.
· Follow up on the financial plans of programs and projects internally and among partners and donors.
· Support MD of Strategic Planning and Research to coordinate monitoring and reporting of programs and projects supported by the development partners.
· Support MD of Strategic Planning and Research and QRC to prepare periodic analytical reports detailing ESP indicators.
· Support Leadership and Management and Teaching and Learning working groups to coordinate and follow up on the detailed intervention matrix and implementation plans as needed.
· Develop transition plans for the projects to ensure the sustainability of programs.
· Act as a liaison for Cost Reimbursement Agreement (CRA) to support and facilitate their work within the Ministry and coordinate between TAP and CRA activities.
Key Working Relationships:
· This position will coordinate with report to DCU Executive Director at MoE and will administratively and technically report to Systems Strengthening & Policy Reform Team Lead at TAP.
· This position will coordinate with the embedded M&E Specialist at MD of Strategic Planning and Research.
· This position will closely work with all MoE units and directorates to facilitate and support TAP’s work.**
· Bachelor’s Degree in degree in development studies, education, social science, evaluation science, business or public administration, or related field.
· Must have at least six (6) years of demonstrated experience in program management and coordination roles.
· At least three (3) years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
· Working experience with international agencies, NGOs, and/or government experience is highly desirable.
· Experience in working with the MoE is highly desirable.
· Knowledge of the Jordan development context, challenges, and opportunities is highly desirable.
· Demonstrated ability to work with diverse stakeholders within the government and the donor community.
· Excellent report writing skills are a must.
· Proficiency with relevant computer software programs, especially MS Office.
· Proficiency in both Arabic and English languages is mandatory.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply through the following link: click here