Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022
United Nations University – International Institute for Global Health (UNU-IIGH) is now accepting applications for postdoctoral fellowships for 2022. UNU-IIGH is one of 14 research and training Institutes that comprise the think tanks in the UNU system. UNU-IIGH was established in 2005 with the mission to advance evidence-based policy on key issues related to sustainable development and global health.
1. Conducting research in support of the Institute’s programme of work focusing on:
- the production of relevant analysis and guidance, including conducting literature searches and reviews; designing research studies; and collecting and analyzing primary data;
- the design of policy research initiatives
2. Drafting and helping to finalise research outputs of various kinds
This may include policy briefs, blogs, academic journal papers and internal briefing papers.
3. Helping to convene multi-stakeholder meetings and discussions focusing on achievement of the following results
This may include the design and management of logistical arrangements, handling communication with external stakeholders, writing up minutes of meetings and conversations, and facilitating collaborative partnership work amongst participating actors
4. Contributing to the information, education and communication activities of the Institute focusing on:
- The development of teaching slides and other types of educational material;
- The optimization of IIGH’s website;
- The enhancement of IIGH’s social media profile
5. Contributing to the routine management and administrative tasks of the Institute
This may include contributing to IIGH’s internal reporting obligations; preparing and chairing internal management meetings; and organizing internal seminars.
6. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Key performance indicators
- Timely production of high-quality research and research outputs
- Demonstrable improvements in project management competencies
- Successful organization of meetings with external stakeholders
- Development of improved working relationships with research partners, member state governments, donors, and civil society organizations
Education and certification
- PhD in public health or relevant field (completed within last five years), or an MD with a relevant Masters’ degree. Applicants who have submitted their PhD but have not yet been awarded their degree may also be eligible to apply.
- At least one year of professional experience in public health research, policy, or programming
- Interest in gender-responsive research and/or programming
- Familiarity with systematic approaches to searching and evaluating scientific literature
- Masters level competencies in both quantitative and qualitative research
- Experience in policy research and writing policy briefs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent time management skills
- • Experience in working on interdisciplinary research projects
• Experience in writing peer-reviewed manuscripts
• Knowledge of global health governance structures and processes
• Experience of work in a low and middle income country setting
• Ability to work independently
- Oral and written fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of another UN official working language is an asset.
How to apply:
How to Apply:
To apply to UNU, you will not need an account. Instead, we ask that you:
- Apply via the apply link;
- fill out the UNU P11 form (please avoid using similar forms provided by other United Nations organisations);
- provide a motivation statement (in the P11 form); and
- answer a few questions that are tailored to the position.
You may wish to refer to the UN Values and Behaviours Framework for more information.
Application Deadline: 16 January 2022
Expected start date: 1 March 2022
View the full job post at Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022 – International Institute for Global Health (unu.edu)