Job Title: Operations and Reporting Consultant – CCCM – UNGO Jobs
Call for Applications
Position Title : Operations and Reporting Consultant – CCCM
Reference Number: CFA/IOMSO/004/2022
Duty Station: Nairobi
Type of Appointment: Consultancy Contract
Organizational Unit: IOM Somalia EPC Unit (CCCM)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 01 June 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, female candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
There are 7.2 million people in need of humanitarian assistance in Somalia. The country also has one of the highest numbers of Internally Displaced Peoples (IDPs) in the world with more than 2.9 million who have been displaced by conflict, insecurity, forced evictions, droughts, and floods. Clan disputes, protests, the weakness of the national forces, the gradual withdrawal of the African Union Mission in Somalia, Islamic State and continuing Al Shabaab attacks cause insecurity and instability across Somalia. Somalia is currently experiencing a severe drought and it is anticipated that 700,000 individuals could be newly displaced in 2022.
The IOM Somalia mission is implementing frontline activities as well as taking the lead in coordinating the Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) cluster to improve the coordination, delivery and monitoring of humanitarian services to vulnerable populations living in communal settings.
Under the direct supervision of the CCCM Programme Officer and the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for operations and reporting as part of the wider CCCM programming, ensuring that activities implemented are in line with the CCCM Global Cluster policies and strategies
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support in overseeing IOM field teams’ and partners implementation of site governance, community participation and mobilization, women’s empowerment, site development and maintenance, and feedback and accountability mechanism activities
- Promote accountability of humanitarian actors towards affected populations, ensuring inclusivity and participation of all affect population, particularly vulnerable and marginalized groups
- Conduct field visits to areas of operation to ensure close evaluation of project activities, streamlined implementation, utilization of resources, and provision of services
- Work closely with CCCM field team members, providing appropriate guidance, support, trainings, and capacity building mechanisms
- Support the delivery of high-quality Camp Management activities by IOM in accordance with agreed strategies, tools, and guidance; ensuring the mainstreaming of Gender Based Violence (GBV), Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP), Complaints and Feedback Mechanisms (CFM), Communicating with Communities (CwC) and other protection related aspects in CCCM project implementation phases in close coordination with relevant colleagues.
- Provide information and inputs to support project development, concept notes, proposal design, budget, and donor reporting. Consolidate and provide technical inputs for programme development and the formulation of recommendations and approaches
- Support regular monitoring and evaluation of programme activities, including data collection, analysis, and drafting of monthly situation reports and info-products, highlighting achievements, challenges, and gaps
- Track and monitor activities of service providers and implementing partners, working closely with administrative units to ensure adequate contract management, narrative reporting, and close out procedures
- Provide technical inputs for the development and implementation of a CCCM strategy for IOM in the country, inclusive of considerations of Durable Solutions activities, an Area Based Approach, and contingency plans that respond to new and emerging operation challenges in Somalia
- Support in the follow up of administrative, financial, procurement, logistical, and human resources arrangements, as required
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned.
Expected Deliverables and Estimated Timeframes
Workplan or Deliverables Timeframe (from signing of a contract)
1 In line with the TOR tasks, and depending upon the required unit responsibilities, completion of but not limited to the following a) direct and partner implementation of core CCCM mechanisms-July 31st to August 31st
b) operation guidance, support, and capacity building-September 30th
c) provision of inputs to concept notes, proposals, and donor reports- October 31st
d) support in M&E activities,e) track and monitor progress of service providers and implementing partners-November 30th December 31st
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Business or Public Administration, Humanitarian Affairs, Conflict Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Operational experience in the field in IDP/Refugee and migration related settings, including technical and partner cooperation, government engagement, and capacity building in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience in data collection, analysis, monitoring, evaluation, and knowledge management is considered an asset
- Experience in project design and development, project/programme evaluation, and report writing
- Proven solution orientation, able to meet deadlines, and communicate effectively with remotely based team members;
- Proven understanding of a range of Camp Coordination and Camp Managements thematic areas and activities, good knowledge of the humanitarian system, UN, IOM, and NGO mandates;
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners and delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
- Good level of digital literacy including Microsoft Office software and data collection applications such as Kobo Collect and Open Data Kit (ODK);
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective, respectful working relationships with local staff, local authorities, local community members, and other stakeholders;
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish. For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Somali is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Note: Position requires travel to Somalia.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this call for applications is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Call for application number (CFA) Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: email@example.com
From: 19.05.2022 to 01.06.2022