Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer (Full-time Post) – Strengthening Rule of Law through Legal Aid Clinics in the Philippines (Legal – UNGO Jobs
THE ASIA FOUNDATION PHILIPPINES
TITLE: MEL Officer (Full-time)
UNIT: Law and Human Rights
REPORTS TO: Senior Legal Advisor, Program Officers
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist will support the Strengthening Rule of Law through Legal Aid Clinics in the Philippines (Legal Aid) Project, a five-year project implemented by The Asia Foundation with support from the U.S. Department of State Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs that aims to help strengthen and promote rule of law in the Philippines by increasing access to free, quality legal services. The Legal Aid Project works in partnership with the Supreme Court of the Philippines, the Legal Education Board (LEB), and the Philippine Association for Law Schools (PALS) in the enhancement of clinical legal education programs in law schools and in supporting law schools establish at least one law clinic. The primary responsibility of the MEL Specialist is to lead the development and day-to-day implementation of the Project’s MEL Plan and other MEL-related activities.
Extensive interaction with the Senior Legal Advisor, Legal Aid Project Program Officers, and the Law and Human Rights Team of the Foundation.
Extensive interaction with the Foundation’s subgrantees, subcontractors, and consultants.
• At least 3 years of experience in program monitoring and evaluation in an INGO or NGO setting;
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills both in English and Filipino;
• Demonstrated ability to design, roll out, and implement an effective MEL plan, and program and impact evaluation;
• The following qualifications are preferred:
o Knowledge on behavioral sciences and its application in project implementation and MEL;
o Experience working with the Foundation;
o Knowledge of the Philippine non-government organization (NGO) community and government agencies in the justice sector; and
o Knowledge of US DOS and other international donor agency requirements and regulations;
• Discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information and compliance with policies on responsible use of data; and
• Must be able to work independently and must have strong attention to detail.
Specific Job Functions:
The MEL Specialist, under the supervision of the Senior Legal Advisor, will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and oversee the day-to-day implementation of the Legal Aid Project’s MEL plan;
• Establish and manage a monitoring and evaluation system to track progress of activities towards meeting program targets (outputs, outcomes and goals) and enhancing project adaptability;
• Draft success story features and quarterly progress reports consistent with INL requirements and project timelines;
• Work closely with the contractor (to be engaged) for the Quality Assurance Framework in developing the monitoring toolkit for law clinics;
• Support communications contractors in disseminating lessons learned and best practices of project partners to internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate;
• Attend, support, and help facilitate sessions on MEL development during workshops conducted by the Foundation;
• Synthesize learning insights for adaptive management; and
• Perform other functions related to the foregoing responsibilities as may be directed by the Senior Legal Advisor and Program Officers.
How to apply:
This is for a hybrid work set-up (Remote and Mandaluyong City).
For more information on this post, you may find the Job Description here: https://tinyurl.com/TAFPH-ProjectOpportunities
Accomplish and/or send your The Asia Foundation Application Form (https://tinyurl.com/TAFAppForm2022), Resume, and other supporting documents to recruitmentPH@asiafoundation.org on or before 4 PM on 27 April 2022.