Job Title: MHPSS Coordinator – UNGO Jobs
MHPSS Coordinator *(Only South Sudanese Nationals to apply)*
The MHPSS Coordinator will act as a Country Office focal point for the coordination of training and capacity strengthening of MHPSS Officers and frontline staff in other sectors (e.g., Health, Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, FSL, etc.) on MHPSS core competencies and skills. S/he will contribute to the implementation of MHPSS strategies, toolkits and packages and monitoring their effective roll-out. In collaboration with the MHPSS TS, the MHPSS Coordinator will lead efforts to ensure MHPSS integration and mainstreaming approaches are incorporated, implemented, monitored, and evaluated in humanitarian and development projects in the Save the Children South Sudan Country Office and represent the South Sudan Country Office in national forums and working groups. S/he will support the coordination of national level MHPSS activities and initiatives with government, CSOs and national level partners. S/he will contribute to MHPSS research and advocacy through networking and collaboration with relevant internal and external entities, where relevant.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Education to Bachelors level within the field of mental health, such as psychology, psychotherapy, or other relevant area. Master’s degree preferred
- 3-4 years of experience with progressive responsibility in MHPSS programming with responsibilities of training, capacity building, mentoring, coaching, quality monitoring and evaluation
- Significant experience in training, capacity building and mentoring
- Experience working with civil society and community-based organisations, particularly in South Sudan.
- Experience solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent report writing and proposal development skills
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Commitment to Save the Children values and willingness to abide by Child Safeguarding Policy and hold others accountable.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships and collaborations across functions, projects, and teams
- Fluent in English and high level of English writing skills
Contract Duration: 12 months
Location: South Sudan, Country Office, Juba
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://southsudan.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bS5rdW1ib21id2UuMTQwNzIuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t