Médecins du Monde Belgium (MdM BE) is an international medical development NGO and part of an international network. We provide medical assistance to vulnerable groups in Belgium and in the rest of the world.
We aim for universal health coverage where every person has access to health care, without barriers (financial, cultural, geographical, etc.).
In Belgium and in the world, our projects are aimed at all people who do not have or no longer have access to health care. In particular, they are structured around five axes: people on the margins of society (homeless people, undocumented migrants, drug users, sex workers, etc.); children in vulnerable situations; women (accompanied in their fight for equality or against sexual violence, for example); migrants or displaced persons; and victims of crises or conflicts.
To carry out our mission, we rely on three pillars:
· Caring: providing real access to care for populations.
· Accompanying: more than helping, we want to change things in the long term.
· Witness: we do not remain silent. Thanks to our experience and our presence in the field, we challenge the authorities (local, regional and (inter)national) with facts, figures and realities.
Our projects follow a set of values common to all our organization: Social Justice, Empowerment, Independence, Commitment, Balance.
MdM BE recently conducted a fact-finding mission in the neighbouring countries of Ukraine to assess the needs of people displaced by the conflict, as well as in the Western parts of Ukraine. MdM-BE is starting operations in Slovakia, Hungary and Western Ukraine to support refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) for a better access to healthcare with a focus on Mental Health and psychosocial support.
GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In line with mission statement and the objectives of MdM BE, the Mental Health Coordinator (MHC) is in charge of the design, implementation, follow up and supervision of the different Mental Health and Psycho-Social Support (MHPSS) activities in Slovakia/Hungary. The position acts in close collaboration with the other members of the Senior Management Team and Head Office Health Department to support the development of MdM BE’s presence in Slovakia/Hungary.
The MHC is under the direct supervision / line management of the General Coordinator and is in charge of:
· Designing MHPSS activities based on on-ground field assessment, gap analysis and actors mapping in accordance with international standards and MdM BE MHPSS Frameworks
· Support the inclusion of social and psychological considerations in programming, evaluating the needs and designing activities in a cross-cutting approach, working closely with other sectors
· Assessing the quality of services actually used by refugees, and propose capacity building methodologies according to the needs assessed
· Provide supervision to partners volunteers
· Design and support the implementation of the MHPSS activities at community level
· Ensuring strategic et technical management of MHPSS program component in Slovakia/Hungary/Western side of Ukraine
· Ensuring close coordination with UN agencies, NGOs, MHPSS local partners and local authorities in MDM BE area of intervention
· The position implies movements and remote management of teams.
1.MHPSS program management**
· Ensure a proper design of MHPSS program activities in all MdM BE areas of intervention in Slovakia/Hungary/Western Ukraine according to updated field assessments and actors mapping
· Ensure that MHPSS program design is cultural-adapted, and activities are prioritized according to the identified needs
· Ensure supervision of the MHPSS teams for monitoring the quality of delivered services
· Ensure that the MHPSS program reacts to any change by adapting if necessary
2.Capacity building and technical support**
· Participate to the recruitment of the staff under his/her technical responsibility
· Provide technical inputs/support to MHPSS Supervisors
· Train the relevant staff on the referral system and the reporting tools
· Train new staff, provide guidelines and tools when a new recruitment takes place
3.Coordination and reporting**
· Collect data from the different bases and provide an analysis
· Contribute to internal reporting
· Propose adaptations regarding the program if needed
· Represent MdM BE in relevant external meetings including but not limited to MH clusters and working groups
· Participate to any assessment needed to develop MdM BE program and MH activities
This list is not exhaustive, and the MHC should be flexible to take on additional tasks related to the position as validated by the General Coordinator, based on identified and changing needs.
The job position is located in Slovakia / Hungary / Western Ukraine and the candidate should be prepared to travel frequently.
This job description could potentially evolve as the mission developing and depending on the development inside Ukraine and neighboring countries.
The MHC must respect code of ethics adhering to principles of confidentiality and impartiality; as well as MdM BE Charter of values.
PREREQUISITES – International Profil
Qualifications and Experience:
· Mental health professional (clinical psychologist, etc.) with at least 5 years clinical experience
· Master’s in Public Health, Global Health or similar is desirable
· Minimum 3 year experience of work in MHPSS programs in humanitarian emergencies/context with both individual counselling and Psycho-Social Support activities
· Proven experience working with migrant populations
· Experience establishing and working in partnership Proven experience working within the cluster system
· Previous experience working at community level
· Training in transcultural approach is highly desirable
· Knowledge of public health issues
· Good training abilities
· Capacity to create relationships with the communities
· Ability to create tools and monitoring process
· Previous supervisory and management experience
Competencies/languages and other skills:
· Excellent management skills
· Excellent writing and oral skills
· Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships
· Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
· Fulfilling all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment
· Driving licence “B” category is mandatory
· Excellent knowledge of Windows environment (word, excel)
· Fluency in written and spoken English. Ukrainian, Russian, Slovak and/or Hungarian is a strong asset
WHAT WE OFFER – International Profil
· International Contract ;
· An enthralling job in a dynamic environment, within a team of professionals.
· Job location : Main location in Hungary and frequent trips to Slovakia
· A full-time contract.
· Duration : 3 months with possible extension
· Starting date: As soon as possible
· Salary : a gross salary of 3278€ for 2 years of experience ; a gross salary of 3503 € for 10 years of experience ; perdiem included in gross salary. Relevant experience recognized.
· A package of advantages (insurance, accommodation allowance,…).
How to apply:
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) using the appropriate form, before April 25Th. MdM BE thanks you for your interest in our organization and wishes you every success in your path.
MdM-BE reserves the right to finalize a recruitment before the closing date for receipt of applications. We respond to all candidates.
MdM-Be does not ask for any financial contribution as part of the recruitment procedure.
Médecins du Monde is committed to people with disabilities and fights against all forms of discrimination.
We inform you that the data concerning you are computerized; they will be treated confidentially.
In the context of this application, your data is kept for a period of 6 months.
Only persons authorized by our General Confidentiality Charter will be able to access your data for strictly internal purposes.