Job Title: Media Development Manager
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine (initially remote)
Reports To : AUDS Project Director
Internews’ AUDS project seeks an experienced Media Development Manager. The Media Development Manager will be a part of the team managing a project aimed at enhancing public access to independent news and information on issues that affect citizens’ lives in Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine. The project will enhance the safety and security of civil society organisations and independent media and improve the quality of media content and the financial sustainability of select media outlets in the four target countries.
- Oversee programmatic work of the four key subgrantee media development organisations;
- Analyze project results and design interventions to address project challenges;
- Lead on cross-country experience exchange between four key subgrantees and their media partners;
- Organise regional meetings and conferences;
- Oversee programmatic work of several media grantees;
- Recruit, oversee, and manage the work of consultants contracted under media development component of the AUDS project;
- As relevant, provide mentorship to key subgrantees and media grantees;
- Liaise with Internews country and regional programmes to coordinate activities and build synergies across the program management unit in the region under supervision of Project director;
- Contribute to narrative and M&E project reporting;
- Collect M&E indicator date under media development component;
- Attend and represent AUDS project at external meetings as requested by Project director;
- Perform other tasks as requested by Project director.
- Strong project management skills: At least 3 years of media project management experience, experience managing staff, consultants, and partners, and meeting project deliverables and timelines. Media experience e.g., editorial management would be a plus for this position.
- Fluency in English and strong oral communication and presentation skills; Russian and other regional language skills a strong plus;
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment and collaborate with a diverse range of organisations and partners;
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally, sometimes to challenging environments;
- Proven experience and superior analytical and writing ability for developing high quality narrative reports;
- Good knowledge and experience on MS Excel and Word; Proficiency in Windows Office Suite;
- Proven organisation skills, with high attention to detail and strategic vision;
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritise with a shifting workload;
- Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate;
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member;
- Strong interest in media development.
- Fluent English, native Ukrainian and/or Russian
Closing date: 18 January 2022
Candidates must submit a succinct covering letter of no more than 2-pages explaining how they satisfy the requirements of the person speciation in addition to a CV highlighting relevant experience.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, all the tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the job holder a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
This position will be located in Ukraine and therefore a successful applicant must be able to demonstrate their right to work in Ukraine and be based there for the full length of employment.