Job Title: MEAL Specialist (national contract)
The MEAL Specialist will take the overall responsibility of improving and implementing the SCI MEAL systems in Turkey Country Office (CO). S/he will be responsible for maintaining, developing and/or updating CO MEAL framework and standard operating procedures in with line SCI MEAL standards as needed. This includes ensuring strong, accurate and timely monitoring systems for all projects, establishment and use of adequate data management systems, ensuring application of quality benchmarks and action trackers, systematic tracking and use of learnings, and maintaining accountability mechanism of the CO, building trust with the children and communities who we serve. S/he will lead in determining and undertaking research to deliver the country office’s evidence and learning agenda to inform SCI project design and implementation to deepen the impact of our work on children’s lives, as well as position the Turkey Country Office as a thought leader and influencer on wider policy and practice around our breakthroughs. As a senior member of the PDQ team, the role will be leading/supporting teams on research, and be involved in data analyses and providing input to the country leadership to inform strategic decision-making. The post will work closely with the respective team members in proposal development, and overseeing consolidation of Country Office Programme Quality Key Performance Indicators on MEAL and will contribute to SCI reports for the CO.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- MSc in social development, economics, statistics or other relevant discipline;
- 5 years of practical experience in MEAL coordination/implementation in an international non-governmental organisation;
- Demonstrable track record in ability to support staff and partners on MEAL, and disseminate complex information to a range of audiences;
- Experience of training and capacity building;
- Experiences in research design, conversant with evaluation methods as well as other established evaluation criteria;
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office, any statistical package (i.e. SPSS, R), and digital data management systems, particularly Commcare;
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Excellent writing skills to present assessment and project reports in Turkish and English;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in Turkish and English, with experience working in multicultural, multi-location, values driven teams;
- Knowledgeable in data protection standards, including GDPR, and local data protection law (KVKK).
Position holder will be based in Istanbul, therefore legal right to work in Turkey is necessary at the time of application. Applications are accepted and evaluated on a rolling basis.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2luYW4uNDAzNzAuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t