Job Title: MEAL OFFICER
International Association for Relief and Development (Onsur) is a non-governmental organization registered in Turkey N° (27-018-178) dealing with the Relief and development projects through the empowerment of local communities to ensure a decent life, Founded at the beginning of 2012. ONSUR works through the main office is located in Gaziantep’s province Turkey, in addition to execution offices in Syria, Turkey, Iraq, Yemen, and Lebanon.
Onsur Lebanon, which operates under the license of the Humanitarian Cooperation Association.
MEAL Officer is responsible for organizing all monitoring and information streams to support in developing and rolling out the overall MEAL strategy for collecting, aggregating, analyzing, and using information and data to produce high quality and consistent reports. He or she will be responsible for developing, determining the suitable systematic MEAL approaches, and applying them to improve the quality of projects and activities at all levels in consultation and coordination with program staff. S/He has good track record of technically leading MEAL budgeting, recruitment, and in developing M&E plans plus log-frame in line with donor requirements.
Job Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- To roll out and manage MEAL mechanism as per commitments of ONSUR.
- To establish, manage and strengthen Accountability to Beneficiaries which includes capacity building of partner organizations on this theme;
- To carry out regular field monitoring of program interventions and produce monitoring reports on the given format, conduct debrief sessions with relevant program staff and develop an agreed action plan;
- To carry out follow-up monitoring visits to materialize actions agreed in the action plan, and maintain “Monitoring Action Plan Tracker at field level”;
- To establish and manage Complaint and Feedback Mechanism which facilitate beneficiaries/communities to register complaints and share feedback;
- To assist the project in carrying out preliminary first inquiry report in case of serious nature of complaints filed by beneficiaries/communities;
- To maintain complaints and feedback tracking database and do follow up on complaints to reach a resolution involving relevant project/program staff;
- To assist the project in identifying key compliance/quality questions and parameters capitalizing on the existing checklists and minimum standards for monitoring project performance;
- To assist in reviewing data bases and data tracking tools of diverse projects in order to maintain data quality for collating reliable and consistent data which meets minimum reporting requirements of donors and ONSUR;
- To assist in planning and implement of baseline surveys, monitoring and evaluation exercises and impact assessments when needed.
- Degree in social sciences or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3-year experience in humanitarian field, specifically in participatory assessments, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Experience with surveys, customer service, mobile data collection, databased design and administration are assets.
- Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities, social and cultural constraints, and realities.
- Strong English writing skills required.
- Proficient use of MS Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail;
- capable of working both individually and as part of a team;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
Abilities and Professional skills
- Arabic – Full Proficiency | English – Full Proficiency
- Training, development, and motivation skills. | Problems solving skills.
- Planning, organizing, analyzing, and assessing skills.
- Excellent communication and interaction skills. | Teamwork and delegation of tasks.
- Ability to operate in an environment of multiple cultures that require flexibility.
- Adherence to corporate policies and general labor controls.
- Time management skills and adherence to narrow deadlines.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should use the following link for registration:
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Shortlisting and interviews could be done before the application closing date.