Job Title: Market Development Manager – Private Sector Partnerships
SNV is an international development organisation with more than 50 years’ experience implementing development programmes in Africa, Asia and Latin America, applying practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. SNV is a not-for-profit organisation with annual revenues of over €140 million, and 1,300 team members working in approximately 25 countries across Asia, Africa and Latin America.
We apply our know-how to deliver results at scale worldwide, through our focused expertise in agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), long-term local presence and partnerships. Our projects directly benefit millions of people. At the same time, projects contribute to systems change, which helps many more people harness opportunities and work their way out of poverty, well beyond the scope of projects.
SNV’s key funding partners include the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DGIS), the EU, FCDO (formerly DFID, UK), SDC (Switzerland), SIDA (Sweden) and USAID. Besides we increasingly engage with private foundations and corporates, developing innovative partnerships to accelerate impact and realize profound systems change.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: https://snv.org/
We are now looking for a dynamic and experienced Market Development Manager to broaden and professionalise SNVs engagement with Foundations and Private Sector partners supporting the organisation to develop new partnership, leverage public and private funding and build a healthy business ‘pipeline’ for SNV’s future.
The Market Development Manager Private Sector Partnerships will dedicate around 50% of his/her time to lead “SNVs Big Idea’s Initiative” which aims to identify and cultivate solutions for today’s most challenging global development issues. This will include designing the process to identify, select and develop “Big Ideas” from within the organisation and working to build external partnerships to make these ideas reality.
This new position will become part of the existing team of three Market Development Managers, and reports directly to the Global Head Business development.
This position offers opportunities to profile, lead and innovate, and to growing your skills and network in a highly professional and international working environment.
- Sector Intelligence and Trends: identify relevant market developments and trends among foundation and private sector partners, and initiate internal knowledge sharing;
- Customer Strategy Development: prepare strategies and contribute to marketing plans and branding of SNV products among foundations and private sector partners;
- Strategic Positioning: build and maintain effective relationships with relevant Foundations, private sector and support SNVs approach to non-traditional development financing.
- Partnership Building: Working with external partners to leverage, match and blend private and public sector funding to support the achievement of SNVs mission.
- New initiatives: leading “SNVs Big Idea’s Initiative”, include designing the process to identify, select and develop “Big Ideas” and working to build external partnerships to make these ideas reality.
- Opportunity Management and Prospecting: identify key funding opportunities, advise on partner selection and distribute opportunity information to internal stakeholders; support SNVs approaches to unsolicited program development.
- Capacity Building: Build SNV colleagues’ capacity at global and country level for the development and pitching of unsolicited programme ideas and concepts to foundations, private sector donors and non-traditional ODA funding sources.
- Post-Graduate degree in a relevant field (Development studies, sustainable development, economics, rural development etc.)
- At least 8-year experience in institutional fundraising for the third sector (charities, NGOs, Foundations or consultancies working in International Development)
- Experience of internal priority project management within a large multi-national company or International NGO
- Understanding of core critical challenges in the sector in which SNV works: Agriculture, Water and Energy
- Demonstrated experience of leading diverse teams to develop value propositions and concepts for investment funding
- Knowledge of the international development aid architecture and experience of securing funding from both traditional and non-traditional sources for international development programs, including private companies.
- Strong relevant external network and excellent networking and interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with key clients and stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, capable of managing a complex and consultative process from start to finish
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated achiever with excellent teamwork, communication, coalition builder, networking, organisational and analytical skills.
- Excellent English communication skills, with French an additional asset.
- Ability to work in culturally diverse, international settings.
Contract Type- Employment Contract (NL)
Contract Duration- 2 years
Expected Start Date- February 2022
Duty station – The Hague,The Netherlands