Job Title: Manager for Enterprise Risk and Field Solutions
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Under the supervision of the Director for Enterprise Risk and Field Solutions, the Manager for Enterprise Risk and Field Solutions’ primary responsibility is understanding country legal operating environments and Internews’ program implementation in order to collaboratively design and implement risk mitigation strategies that are efficient, effective, and not overly burdensome. The Manager will have a background in relevant legal research and analysis and business operations.
The role advises Program Management Units (PMUs) in working with business operations departments to create better processes, policies, and systems to support effective program implementation and adequately mitigate risks. The Manager works directly with program teams to identify organizational risks, implement risk mitigation strategies, create communities of practice among business managers, and solve program implementation operational problems. The position will work directly with the PMU business management staff and business operations staff to standardize practices with a focus on support and problem solving. This role will support the Director for Enterprise Risk and Field Solutions in administration of solutions to ethics and audit findings and investigations.
Internews has US offices in Arcata, California and Washington, DC which support a hybrid workforce with staff working remotely, fully in-office, and partially remote. This is a remote-based role, and candidates based anywhere in the US will be considered.
This position has an anticipated closing date of February 4, 2022.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Conduct legal research and analysis of country operation requirements for registration and program implementation decisions;
- Collaborate with Program Management Units, Field Operations and Security Department, and Audit Department to support and improve registration and local and funder audit processes;
- Assist the Director in developing and recommending organization wide process changes, including mitigation of enterprise risk, and remedial training plans, to address findings from any audit, internal or external, local, or corporate;
- Implement organization wide process changes as described above in coordination with business management and business operations department staff;
- Work jointly with Director, business operations staff, and business management staff to analyze and report enterprise risks and to manage risk according to enterprise risk management framework;
- Work jointly with business management and business operations department staff on a case-by-case basis to develop alternative solutions to complex and unforeseeable circumstances;
- Encourage a management and organizational climate which is aware of and supports ERM;
- General Programs Improvements and Standards;
- Create a community of practice and consistent standards for PMU business management teams, sharing lessons learned among portfolios;
- Coordinate program teams’ inputs and contributions to business process improvements;
- Lead implementation and development of policies, procedures and tools for better project implementation;
- Coordinate with Strategy and Planning Department to design and implement Program Portfolio and Business review; and
- Manage program implementation operations related content on SharePoint.
- Support Regional Directors in the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding process for new business management staff;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values; and
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Four to six years of relevant legal research and analysis and business operations experience expected
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and eagerness to organize information via Excel a must
- USAID, USDOS, or European donor-funded programs strongly preferred
- Relevant university degree required in an area such as law, finance, accounting, management, or public administration
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with financial analysis preferred
- Excellent written and spoken English. Additional language skills such as Spanish, Arabic, French, Russian or others a plus.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening
- Optimism, a sense of humor, and excitement at joining a supportive, skilled, multi-cultural team that is distributed across the globe
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Proven ability to organize information, prioritize tasks, and maintain accurate records
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
How to apply:
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.