Job Title: Major Donor Partnership & Funding Lead – UNGO Jobs
Do you have vast experience with writing and winning donor project proposals and do you see yourself in a role, where clear communication, results tracking and quick feedback are essential?
International Programme & Policy
The International programme and policy team (IPP) is composed of approximately 19 staff, with experience of managing our SPA country and global programmes. The Major Donor Partnership & Funding Lead position is also placed within the IPP team, although with direct line management to the International Director. The other part of AADK fundraising is placed in the National Engagement Cluster (NEC).
The donor portfolio includes Danida, EU (DevCo and EU Aid Volunteers) and CISU with Danida providing the vast majority of the funds. The goal for the coming years is to expand and diversify the funding portfolio particularly focusing on donors interested in climate justice, democracy and social movement, and youth leadership and action.
Your primary tasks
The primary tasks includes, but not limited to, the following:
1) Develop a targeted fundraising plan including roles and responsibilities
- Current strategy updated
- Fundraising plan developed
- Internal fundraising procedures developed
2) Find new relevant sources of funding for AADK’s international work.
- International foundations scoped and most relevant ones identified
- Relations build with relevant foundations
- At least one successful proposal fundraised in 2022 or 2023
3) Identify relevant calls and obtain new sources of funding for AADKs international work.
- Day-to-day monitoring of calls for proposals from EuropeAid, Danida and other relevant institutional donors
- Identify ‘fit’, support leadership in taking decisions, coordinate proposal writing with countries and within AADK including own writing
- 6 applications submitted annually
- At least 2 successful applications in 2022
4) Monitor and improve AADKs fundraising success and failures.
- Collaborate successfully with ActionAid stakeholders, including the general secretariat
- And suggest & support concrete changes needed to improve success rate
- Develop fundraising database that tracks applications
- Analyse successes and suggest changes to management
- Proven track record developing and writing successful project proposals granted by institutional donors and private foundations
- Excellent intercultural skills based on previous experience from various international and/or development settings
- Excellent communicator (written and spoken) and relationship builder
- Result-oriented and driven by clear goals, quick feedback and results tracking
- Good network with major donors relevant to AADK or deep knowledge of institutional donors, in particular EU, but also other relevant international major donors
- Good understanding of AADK’s approach – or ability to acquire that quickly
- Well-structured and independent, so that digital collaboration with colleagues throughout the world runs smoothly
- Full proficiency in spoken and written English
- A completed University Degree within a relevant field.
We offer you
A 4-year appointment with flexible working hours, so that a healthy balance between private- family- and work life is possible.
Location will be in close vicinity of a relevant major donor, and where ActionAid Denmark has a host agreement. The choice of placement may depend on AADK strategic priorities or local conditions (such as work permit processes, local political tensions, national regulations etc.);
The incumbent will also be expected to show willingness in spending significant time in Denmark – particularly in the beginning of the contract period;
Flexible working hours, so that a healthy balance between private- family- and worklife is possible and a broad, professional network of passionate, international colleagues.
We would love to read your application no later than 24 April 2022.
How to apply:
Apply through this link: Major Donor Partnership & Funding Lead (hr-manager.net)
Please make sure to use the “Apply”-button on this page to submit your application through our online recruitment system. If you have any questions to us, you can get in touch with Senior Project Manager, Lea Simonsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.