URGENT CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
FHI 360/Philippines (www.fhi360.org) is looking for a Laboratory and Diagnostic Consultant for the Development of Manual on TB Laboratory Biosafety, Infection Prevention and Control, and Laboratory Waste Management under a short-term work engagement status for USAID’s TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening project in the Philippines.
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing- creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
The TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening (TB IHSS) Project is a 5-year USAID-funded project that aims to strengthen national and regional level implementation of the National TB Strategic Plan by providing state-of-the-art capacity building and technical expertise to scale-up TB and DR-TB prevention, detection, and treatment. The Project will identify and help implement proven approaches to improve prevention, increase case detection rates, decrease default rates, and increase treatment success and cure rates across the continuum of care.
Detailed Description of Tasks to be Performed:
TBIHSS will provide technical support to the National TB Reference Laboratory (NTRL) and the Disease Prevention and Control Bureau (DPCB) to develop a manual on TB laboratory biosafety, infection prevention control, and laboratory waste management in accordance with new policies and current health situation in the country.
The identified consultant shall perform the following:
Review existing TB laboratory biosafety, infection prevention and control, and laboratory waste management guidelines and other related issuances for TB laboratories to aid in the development of related manual.
Develop a formatted, proofread, and print-ready briefer and manual on TB Laboratory Biosafety, Infection Prevention and Control, and Laboratory Waste Management.
Conducts and facilitates coordination meetings with DPCB, NTRL, TBIHSS, and other partners to present progress on manual development.
Prepare and submit periodically required reports to the Laboratory and Diagnostics Team of TBIHSS.
Submit pertinent documents as required by Admin and Finance Units.
· Technical writing skills with focus on manual and reference material development.
· Timely delivery of performance targets and with good attention to details regarding the jobs at hand.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work with others effectively.
Required Education/Job Experience:
· At least bachelor’s degree in biological or laboratory sciences, allied health courses, or equivalent.
· Masters or doctorate degree is an advantage.
· Experience in manual and guidelines development with excellent technical writing skills.
· With strong knowledge and skills in technical writing in the field of TB laboratory biosafety, infection prevention and control, and waste management.
· Ample knowledge in developing technical reports, issuances, or manuals for Department of Health (DOH) disease programs.
· Excellent background in conducting coordination meetings and collaborating with DOH, and other relevant stakeholders and/or implementing agencies.
Target Engagement Period:
May 2022 to July 2022
How to apply:
Send letter of intent and updated CV/resume directly to email@example.com in single pdf file on or before April 20, 2022 following the heading format in the subject title/line:
FHI360- TBIHSS-Position Applied For -Last Name of Applicant
(Example: FHI360- TBIHSS –Laboratory and Diagnostic Consultant- Cruz).
Shortlisted candidates will be notified for the next screening process.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law