Job Title: IT Officer – UNGO Jobs
Job Overview/Summary: This position will oversee all operational IT activity to support the new Poland Country Programme – this will be primarily in Warsaw however ad hoc support may be required across a number of locations in Poland and additionally support and/or travel may be required to other IRC country programmes or locations in Europe. The IT Officer will work closely with the Regional IT Director for Europe and the existing IT Officers in Greece, Germany, the UK and Ukraine.
· Manage onboarding and offboarding of all staff deployed to or recruited locally for the Poland CP including:
o Manage user licensing
o Conduct Unified Endpoint Management upgrades
o Enroll all users in Mobile Device Management
IT Support-Provide Level 1 and Level 2 support:
· Resolve Level 1 and level 2 issues
· Be the technical reference for any IT procurement
· Diagnose hardware and software faults by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
· Perform preventative maintenance on all IRC computers and network resources
Installation & Configuration of:
· Firewalls and essential network services
· Desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals.
· Local Area Network, wireless network, essential network services peer-to-peer or client server architecture, as appropriate.
· IRC Standard system image, Windows 10 operating system, Microsoft Office and other IRC application
Maintenance, Repair & Security:
· Update appropriate network security and data loss prevention procedures to safeguard system from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users and damage to data.
· Create and maintain IRC computer software/hardware inventory ensuring accuracy.
· Create and maintain network documentation to include IP address, system access, email creation system, upgrades and changes to original network, etc.
· Investigate local Internet connectivity options to obtain adequate bandwidth for Intranet and application connectivity.
· Responding within agreed time limits to helpdesk calls
· Some knowledge and/or experience of data privacy and the General Data Protection Regulation would be an advantage.
Training, Evaluation, & Testing:
· Develop and implement user and support staff training, including training on security tools and protocols, Box Sign (digital signature & workflow)
· Test and evaluate new technology.
· Prepare and submit reports as required
Various Projects – Position will need to assist on various IT projects as needed in coordination with the Regional IT Director and HQ.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Regional IT Director and Supply Chain Coordinator through management in partnership.
Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
Internal: All departments and users in the Emergency Response or elsewhere in the region
External: IT equipment and supplies vendors, internet service providers
Education: Graduation or College degree
Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years in relevant work experience as IT professional or IT support staff
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Excellent technical knowledge of PC hardware, including Microsoft platform (Excel, Outlook…)
· ITIL V3 Certificate is a plus
· Experience installing, configuring and managing both wired and wireless LAN.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
· Customer/Client service experience
o Strong sense of personal integrity.
o Attention to detail.
o Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
o High sense of urgency
Language Skills: Fluency in English and Polish (written and spoken) is required. Additional languages an advantage.
Must have the right to work in Poland
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and makes sure policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
Gender Equality: The IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Diversity and Inclusion: At the IRC, our diverse clients, partners, and staff have the power, voice, and agency to shape programs and operations. We actively work to end all forms of systemic discrimination and foster an inclusive working environment where everyone feels respected, heard, valued, and supported. The IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. The IRC encourages women to apply and work with us to reach the people most in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows, and children. The IRC is committed to providing a decent and safe work environment that considers needs of women in the workplace, including through maternity leave and safety protocols.
How to apply:
Please apply via our website: